Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Script to collect session integer.

Unanswered Question
Jul 6th, 2013
User Badges:

Dear All,

We are attempting to extract the  session ID from a phone call and convert the session format to integer. As we know, we have to extract

the hexadecimal session id and convert by using set step to convert as int.valueOf(SessionID.toString().substring(17,25), 16).

However, We're getting error when call come to this step. The error states: For input string: "ee6b2845"; nested exception is :java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:"ee6b2845" (line:1, col: 1) as capture. Any idea for solve it, would much appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Sat, 07/06/2013 - 08:16
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Two thoughts:

• I think you want Long.parseLong(SessionID, 16);
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11194513/convert-hex-string-to-int
  • Session, Document, and Contact variables seem to have special significance. I haven't had luck manipulating or carrying their values directly from one script to another. When it comes to sessions you can add a mapping ID which can be used to find the session later. The easiest one I have found that is reasonably unique to generate automatically is T[now].getTime()

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Gergely Szabo Mon, 07/08/2013 - 08:47
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, December 2015

Hi,

the ID of a session is of type... well, session. You cannot just cast it into Integer or int.

What are you trying to achieve, can you please give us more details.

G.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content