cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiway

George wiley
Level 1
Level 1

I am unsuccessful in connecting a Multiway call.

I have the following equipment

4501 MCU with software 4.1

VCSE with software 7.2.1. The VCSE has an external IP address

TMSPE with software 14.2.2

I also have a

C40 with softwareTC4.1 ( I know it’s out of date)

3 E20’s with software TE4.1.1

EX60 with software TC5.1.1

All systems are registered to the VCSE and TMS

I can make multipoint calls to the MCU from any of the systems.

The endpoints all have Multiway enabled. The Multiway address in all endpoints is WNESU-Multiway. This alias does register to VCSE as a SIP alias:

<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" mcestyle="height: 15pt;">

<TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND: #f2f6f8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; WIDTH: 347.25pt" width=463 mcestyle="height: 15pt; background: #f2f6f8; padding-bottom: 0in; padding-top: 0in; padding-left: 6pt; padding-right: 6pt; width: 347.25pt;">

Active

<TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND: #f2f6f8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; WIDTH: 821.25pt" width=1095 mcestyle="height: 15pt; background: #f2f6f8; padding-bottom: 0in; padding-top: 0in; padding-left: 6pt; padding-right: 6pt; width: 821.25pt;">

true

<TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND: #f2f6f8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt" mcestyle="height: 15pt; background: #f2f6f8; padding-bottom: 0in; padding-top: 0in; padding-left: 6pt; padding-right: 6pt;">

Name

<TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND: #f2f6f8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt" mcestyle="height: 15pt; background: #f2f6f8; padding-bottom: 0in; padding-top: 0in; padding-left: 6pt; padding-right: 6pt;">

WNESU-Multiway

Protocol

SIP

Type

SIP UA

Authenticated

False

Node

DefaultSubZone

Vendor information

TANDBERG/4120 (X7.2.1)

Serial number

I have intentionally blanked out the address

Creation time

2013-07-07 16:51:38

Duration

4 hours 29 minutes 41 seconds

AOR

WNESU-Multiway

Contact

<A href="sip:127.0.0.1:2663;transport=tcp" mcehref="sip:127.0.0.1:2663;transport=tcp">sip:127.0.0.1:2663;transport=tcp</A></P></TD></TR>

Time since last refresh

0 seconds

Time to expiry

0 seconds

The VCSE has Conference Factory enabled with WNESU-Multiway as the Conference Factory Alias and 99977%%@ip address of VCSE as the Conference Factory Template

I have an H.323 search rule of:

Priority: 48

Protocal: Any

Source: Any

Request must be authenticated: No

Mode: Alias pattern match

Pattern type: Regex

Pattern String: (99977\d+)@ip address of VCSE

Pattern behavior: Replace

Replace string: \1

I have a Neighbor zone created of:

H.323: Off

SIP: ON

Port: 5060

Transport: TCP

Accept proxied registrations: Allow

This entry has a search rule of:

Priority: 48

Protocal: Any

Source: Any

Request must be authenticated: No

Mode: Alias pattern match

Pattern type: Regex

Pattern String: 999(77\d+@ip address of VCSE)

Pattern behavior: Replace

Replace string: \1

I can make calls from any of the endpoints to WNESU-Multiway and get to the MCU.

I can make calls from any endpoint to 99977@ip address of VCSE  and get to the MCU

I can make calls from any endpoint to 77@ip address of VCSE and get to the MCU.

From my EX60 I dial the C40, then put the C40 on hold and dial one of the E20’s. I then press the Merge key on the EX60.

The EX60 displays a message reading

Merging calls

C40

E20

My EX60 connects with the MCU and I hear a message saying I am the first to join the conference. About 5 seconds later I see a message that reads Merging Calls Failed

Thanks for any suggestions

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The pasted html stuff is quite hard to read.

I recommend that you check out the deployment guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Multiway_Deployment_Guide_X7.pdf

some quotes from it:

Note that:

•   The Conference Factory Alias must be a SIP URI that is routable to this Cisco VCS by every endpoint that wants to initiate a Multiway conference.

•   The Conference Factory Alias will be registered to the Cisco VCS.

•   The Conference Factory Template must result in a SIP URI that is routable by every endpoint that may be asked to join a conference – whether it is a SIP device or an H.323 device.
    In an integrated environment where IP PBXs may be requested to join a conference, these IP PBXs must be able to route calls to this URI.

•   If the Template is creating a URI that will be routed to an H.323 MCU, typically the name part of the URI (name@domain) must produce a numeric only ID, as H.323 MCUs typically only support E.164 dialing.

•   If calls are to be made to an MCU that supports SIP, it will register %%@MCU.domain ... make sure that is unique for SIP calls, so that it does not match other dialable SIP destinations.

•   Make sure that the Template cannot generate URIs which match existing endpoint URIs or other Multiway conference URIs – otherwise calls may end up ringing endpoints or joining another conference.

•   The Template is not replicated across cluster nodes and must be configured independently and uniquely for each node. See the separate section on configuring Multiway in a clustered environment.

To ensure that the Conference Factory Alias is processed quickly, you are recommended to add a dedicated, high-priority search rule for this alias. The effect of this will be particularly beneficial in scenarios with many search rules and zones.

And actually I do not get the thought behind your deployment anyhow and some info are missing

(like which target zone you try to use with your search rules, why you add a h323 only search rule for it,

how you configured multiway on the endpoints, ...)

Also the log from endpoints and the vcs (also search and call history & details for the attempts)

What I would do:

* read the multiway deployment guide

* read the multiway deployment guide again

* properly implement URI dialing and domains, especially if you want to use sip

* see that you get encryption working and thats currently only possible with h323 towards the mcu (if you need encryped content) anyhow, h323 to the mcu still feels like a good idea on vcs deployments also for the

* properly set up the multiway uri on the endpoints (try to prefix it with the protocol you use, like h323: or sip: and also manually set the protocol, I would use the call protocol which you use as the default)

* read the multiway deployment guide again :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: