cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing and Monitoring 5760 (or not)

lbadman
Level 1
Level 1

Wow- am seriously confused by what the 5760 is supposed to even be at this point. If PI can't manage and monitor it, how are you supposed to push any sort of templates or get trending and history from 1000 APs and and all of the clients that attach to it? What am I missing?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You just answered your question in a way.... You can't. PI 2.0 will have support for the 3850 and the 5760's but how much support is the question. PI 2.0 will not be out until the end if August early September.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Wondering why it was even released then? Something that can do 1000 APs but is essentially unmanageable? How can that be a good marketing story?

I asked them the same thing at Cisco Live this year... So how they see it now is that you have to point your 3850's to the 5760's in your case and everything should be handled by the 5760 which would be your MC. This is one reason we have not pursued this with our clients because of compatibility and feature parity that is missing.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

My suffering bunions. I've heard it all at this point.

It is very unfortunate but PI 2.0 will support it which is in roadmap. Most probably it will be available till end of august 2013.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card