Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failed call through H323 GW to CUCM 8.6.2

I'm able to make calls from CM 8.6 through H.323 where there is E1 connection to another Company. However, I'm not able to receive a call from them to my CM 8.6. Here is the call flow ip phone - CM 8.6 - GW H.323 - E1 - GW H.323 - CM 7.1.5.

In my GW H.323 I unchecked the MTP and H.245 TCS, and I did not see any H245 failed when I issue the sh h323 gatew. It is getting the right DPs and I was able to see hitting in my CM 8.6, but "the call cannot be completed...something ilke that...

Here is the DP created to receive calls from them to my CM 8.6

dial-peer voice 9001 voip

description Ramais Braskem Mexico

preference 2

destination-pattern 50521...

session target ipv4:10.224.25.10

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad  

!        

dial-peer voice 9002 voip

description Ramais Braskem Mexico

preference 1

destination-pattern 50521...

session target ipv4:10.224.25.11

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad  

I created in my CM 8.6 a RP 5052.1XXX pointing to the RL H.323 GW. And the partition is included into the CSS setup for that H.323 GW.

Find attchaed the SDI and some debugs such as dial-peer and debug cch323 h245. Calling: 50114822 and called: 50521162 or 50521098. The opposite works just fine.

Any thoughts? I appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't you have IP connectivity so you can just create an ICT or SIP trunk??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We cannot create an ICT neither SIP Trunk at least for a while. This GW H.323 has another connection with CM 7.1.5 which is working fine. This is the design we inter-connect these two Companies. Maybe in the future we should have a ICT. However I do not see any problem why I cannot use H.323...

Even I'm using the same settings for that CM 7.1.5 on my CM 8.6.2 but still not working. Do I need to create a TP as well or just a RP should be enough?

I've attached the SDI file, but I'm not sure where I'm missing...

Hi,

Can you please share the followint output:

1). debug voice ccapin ind 2 (of both gateways).

2). debug isdn q931 of both gateways

3). debug h225 asn1 of gateway connected with 8.6

4). detailed RTMT trace of 8.6

5). running config of both gateways

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

Today is holiday in Brazil. I'm not able to get someone available there to make a call neither to give the config for the GW H.323 that is connected to another CM Company.

However, I've attached above the debug voice dialpeer, debug cch323 h245, and RTMT trace of 8.6 on my original post.

Here is the config of my GW H.323 which is connected to the CM 8.6. In additional the debugs you suggested, but I was able to make a call just from my side to them, but nobody picks it up and we know this path is working fine.

I found some thing interesting in the GW H.323 under voice service voip: call start slow. Do I need to do something special in my CM 8.6 GW H.323 for that?

I'll get those output tomorrow and send you over.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hi,

I think the logs that you have provided is of outgoing call from your side.

No problem, will have to wait for tommorrow for the incoming call.

But don't forget to collect all the traces from both sides whenever they make a call to your gateway.

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hello Nishant,

Sorry for just getting back to you now, but I figured it out the issue. My TP wasn't using the right CSS and there was missing a prefix on called to adjust the extension in that specific location to match the way another Company dials from.

I was just wondering how you would be able to figure this out through these debugs without knowing my topology. Probably you would be able to find something using the SDI file, but I'm very interesting how you would be able to isolate or pointing on the right direction to fix this issue :-)

Once again thank you for your time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: