cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle Clients Losing Connection to Autonomous AP

burgessf
Level 1
Level 1

I have two users who both use tablets.  My AP's are autonomous  -  1131AG version 12.4 (21a).  It appears the users lose connection when they are idle, and they frustrated when having to reauthenticate.  What can I change to increase the amount of time the users can remain connected while idle?  Is this something corrected in a higher code for the AP?  Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How are they authenticating. If they manually add the SSID and authentication, they shouldn't have to authenticate manually again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Here's a tip that can get your wireless connection from dropping out  repeatedly. If you are using a AP (particularly a dual band AP),  you'll want to go into the wireless settings (usually under "setup"),  and specify a channel. Try using a different channel than the default,  and make this settings for both of your bands (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). Definitely do not use the "auto"  setting. From our troubleshooting it appears that this is the main  culprit. Try setting a higher channel, and if that doesn't work, try  different channels. It's very possible that there are enough networks in  your immediate area on the same channel that they're conflicting with  each other.

Ravi,

The title of the thread states, "Autonomous AP"

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: