Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Can remove wlc command:config ap secondary-base controller_name cisco_ap [controller_ip_address]

Answered Question
Jul 11th, 2013
User Badges:

I have already configed all ap with primary & secondary controller address per ap parameters, I want to remove the paramters quickly ,I found the command : config ap secondary-base controller_name cisco_ap [controller_ip_address] ,  that can added in wlc cli , but I can't find the way to remove the secondary controller ip address in  wlc cli

the wlc is ct5508 with 7.0 os

anyone has suggestion?

thanks a lot

Best Regards

Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 4 years 1 month ago

Yeah there is no way to remove it clean from the cli. I had to manually remove each on the AP. I even tried putting a blank value and that didn't take.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Scott Fella Thu, 07/11/2013 - 04:36
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Yeah there is no way to remove it clean from the cli. I had to manually remove each on the AP. I even tried putting a blank value and that didn't take.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Jwaas9876 Thu, 09/25/2014 - 15:06
User Badges:

Here are a two suggestions:

1.  If you use Cisco Prime Infrastructure (or WCS) to manage your WLC, you can create a Lightweight AP Configuration Template to specify the Primary Controller Name and IP Address, and to specify a blank value (choose the first blank option in the drop down list) and 0.0.0.0 for the Secondary and Tertiary Controllers.  Then you can apply that template to the AP's and it should remove (blank out) the values in those fields.

2.  From the WLC CLI, you can run the following commands to blank out the fields:

config ap secondary-base ' ' APHOSTNAME 0.0.0.0

config ap tertiary-base '  ' APHOSTNAME 0.0.0.0

Note that between the quotes there are spaces.  The secondary-base command has one space, the tertiary-base command has two spaces (the names have to be unique).  While this does not completely blank out the field, the spaces do not resolve to a valid WLC hostname so it has the same effect and the AP ignores the spaces.

Both of these suggestions worked in our environment.

Hope this helps.

Actions

This Discussion