cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change default password on LAP?

kmkrause2
Level 1
Level 1

I have several new 2602e access points configured on two 4408 WLCs. All went surprisiongly well with the installation and configuration. However, I want to change the default user and password, but I'm not sure where to do this from. There doesn't appear to be a configure command in enable mode on the APs and I can't find where the user accounts might be controlled from the controller.

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is where you would change it.  You would also have to enable ssh or telnet on each AP

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is where you would change it.  You would also have to enable ssh or telnet on each AP

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hello Scott.

One questions when you set up an username & password the changes are apply to all AP's ?

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

kmkrause2
Level 1
Level 1

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the prompt reply. I must have passed over that page a dozen times. The light just never went on, I guess

Yeah or else its the default Cisco/Cisco.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sali,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

To change the default user and password. It can be done under wireless tab then go to global configuration.

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card