Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant MWI Problem

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity Connection 8.6.2.

I set up a call handler to serve as my auto attendant for the office.  I configured caller input '5' to leave a message and send the message to a user with a mail box.  The user receives these messages, but they do not get any MWI.  The MWI on the phone does not light up and when I check the WebUI the user's MWI is off also.

Is there something special I need to do to get this to indicate there is a message waiting?

5 Replies 5

Vadym Maliarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jacob,

1) Do you have other users with mailboxes? Does MWI work properly? Is only one user effected by MWI issue?

2) Try to send a voice message to this user (let's call it A) from another one? Does MWI go on?

3) Try to dial MWI on and MWI off extension from the phone. Please let me know the results

4) Have you run "Check telephony configuration test"? Do oyu see any errors?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsg050.pdf

5) Have you tried to reset MWI on CUC?

Vadym

Hi Vadym,

I have tried other users and MWI is not working.  I can activate MWI via the extension set up, but in the CUC page I can see there are messages avaialable but MWI state is set to off.  How do I get Unity to activate MWI when there is a new message?

This is a new install.

goto the extension in unity-->Edit-->Message Waiting Indicatorsr-- > check enable.

PRABAHARAN C
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check that port group MWI indicatior is enabled or not?

Message Waiting Indicator Settings
milliseconds

I did check that the MWI was enabled.  The problem was the HA licence was not loaded (had trouble registering it) and the secondary server was set as primary.  Once I made the publisher the primary all the MWI lights came on.

Thank you all for your advice.