cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1250 help

josh.hamrick
Level 1
Level 1

So I figure I got an incorrect or corrupt IOS.  I tried to perform the mode reset, but it starts to transfer and then errors out.  Here's an example of what the output is at, and it just sticks here:

IOS Bootloader - Starting system.

Xmodem file system is available.

flashfs[0]: 150 files, 8 directories

flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories

flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 31868928

flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 7369728

flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 24499200

flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 19 seconds.

Reading cookie from flash parameter block...done.

Base Ethernet MAC address: 00:22:90:5d:4a:6a

button is pressed, wait for button to be released...

button pressed for 45 seconds

process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1

process_config_recovery: image recovery

image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1250-k9w7-tar.default

examining image...

extracting info (286 bytes)

Image info:

Version Suffix: k9w7-.124-25d.JA1

Image Name: c1250-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA1

Version Directory: c1250-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA1

Ios Image Size: 5765632

Total Image Size: 6533632

Image Feature: WIRELESS LAN

Image Family: C1250

Wireless Switch Management Version: 7.0.94.21

Extracting files...

ERROR: Problem extracting files from archive.Loading "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE"...###########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

File "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x3000

executing...

So as you can see above, I tried to load another image in this output, but it starts uploading, then gives "

ERROR: Problem extracting files from archive.Loading "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE"  and continues with the same IOS, which sticks for hours at executing with no sign of failing.  So I am unable to get a new image in it, and the one loaded appears to just stick.  Any idea how to get around this?

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have the wrong image. The one you have is for a 1200.

This is what you need.

c1250-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA1.tar

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

First off, thank you much for the response.  I came to this same conclusion not long after posting the topic.  I got it off ebay, probably not the best place to get eletronics, but haven't gotten burned (till now). 

The problem is, I can't "break" it like a normal router to get into rommon.  Every time it tries to decompress the incorrect IOS and freezes at executing...  I have tried to do the TFTP mode solution, but it starts transferring then gives this error:

ERROR: Problem extracting files from archive.I suspect perhaps not enough space? 

Though from the flash output, I don't think that's the problem.  I know I am using the TFTP solution correctly, I have used it with routers and switches with no issues in the past (it's pretty hard to mess that up anyhow).  I've been looking all over google for anyone with a similar issue, and have been unable to find anything..

I do appreciate your time, and let me know if you have any insight on how to fix this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card