Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE SGT License

We are using  150 servers and using Security Groups and 1500 clients connecting to them,  think I  need advance licenses?, do I need to worry about licenses for the clients connecting to the servers? pls assist me on this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Every package is licensed based on the total  number of concurrent endpoints that use the services in the package. The  total number of endpoints includes all the endpoints connecting to the  Cisco Identity Services Engine within a deployment. Every time an  endpoint connects to the Cisco Identity Services Engine, it consumes one  license from one or more packages (depending on what services it uses);  when the endpoint disconnects from the network, it releases that  license from the Cisco Identity Services Engine (after the Cisco  Identity Services Engine receives a RADIUS stop message).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps11637/ps11195/qa_c67-658591.html

Advanced

Capabilities: Profiler and feed service, posture, MDM integration*, automated endpoint onboarding, and Security Group Access (SGA)

Network deployment support: Wired, wireless, and VPN

License prerequisite: Base license

Term license: 3- and 5-year terms

Licenses are available for 100, 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 2500, 3500, 5000, 10,000, 25,000, 50,000, and 100,000 endpoints

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, to enable the SGA solution, you need an advanced ISE license   

Managing Licenses

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_man_license.html#wp1053140

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Thank you Jatin ,

" do I need to worry about licenses for the clients connecting to the servers? "

Every package is licensed based on the total  number of concurrent endpoints that use the services in the package. The  total number of endpoints includes all the endpoints connecting to the  Cisco Identity Services Engine within a deployment. Every time an  endpoint connects to the Cisco Identity Services Engine, it consumes one  license from one or more packages (depending on what services it uses);  when the endpoint disconnects from the network, it releases that  license from the Cisco Identity Services Engine (after the Cisco  Identity Services Engine receives a RADIUS stop message).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps11637/ps11195/qa_c67-658591.html

Advanced

Capabilities: Profiler and feed service, posture, MDM integration*, automated endpoint onboarding, and Security Group Access (SGA)

Network deployment support: Wired, wireless, and VPN

License prerequisite: Base license

Term license: 3- and 5-year terms

Licenses are available for 100, 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 2500, 3500, 5000, 10,000, 25,000, 50,000, and 100,000 endpoints

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin