cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is cisco ASA 5520 firewall support PPTP vpn ???

kzzamansub
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I am Md.kamruzzaman. My compnay purchase a cisco asa-5520 firewall and I want to configure PPTP vpn at asa 5520 firewall.Is it possible to configure PPTP vpn at asa firewall.If possbile can you plz tell me what is the procedure to configure PPTP vpn.

Best Regards

Md.kamruzzaman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but the Cisco ASA firewall does not support termination of PPTP VPN.

You can terminate IPSec and SSL VPNs but not PPTP type.

If you are new to the ASA the easiest way to setup the supported VPN types is via the VPN wizard built into the ASDM management application.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but the Cisco ASA firewall does not support termination of PPTP VPN.

You can terminate IPSec and SSL VPNs but not PPTP type.

If you are new to the ASA the easiest way to setup the supported VPN types is via the VPN wizard built into the ASDM management application.

Thnx for your mail.Is it work like a PPTP vpn.

For your kind information client (VPN user) wiil access to the private network via the firewall.LIke user want to access billing terminal and EMS terminal from the public network.Which VPN I configure at ASA firewall???

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

asa does not support termination of pptp vpn

it supports l2tp

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

Depends on number of clients that access the internal resources, you have couple of optins...

1. If only couple of users, then you can go with sslvpn option. The ASA comes with 2 free licenses (do Show Version). For any addl numbers of users, you need to purchase licesnses.

2. If you anticipate more users/cleints to access internal systems via VPN, then consider IPsec vpn. Agaon do 'Show Version' to determine how many vpn peers current license supports. With this, you need to download vpnclient software from cisco portal and install and configure client PC/Laptop with proper authentication information.

For ASA end configuration- search on Cisco website or google based on the ASA version.

hth

MS

Hi

Thnx for your answer.I got the show version from the firewall.The below intormation I provided

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces    : Unlimited

Maximum VLANs                  : 150      

Inside Hosts                   : Unlimited

Failover                       : Active/Active

VPN-DES                        : Enabled  

VPN-3DES-AES                   : Disabled 

Security Contexts              : 2        

GTP/GPRS                       : Disabled 

SSL VPN Peers                  : 2        

Total VPN Peers                : 750      

Shared License                 : Disabled

AnyConnect for Mobile          : Disabled 

AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled 

AnyConnect Essentials          : Disabled 

Advanced Endpoint Assessment   : Disabled 

UC Phone Proxy Sessions        : 2        

Total UC Proxy Sessions        : 2        

Botnet Traffic Filter          : Disabled 

So can you plz tell me what vpn I used.My question is that I want to access my sever pc which work like a terminal and work directly remotly by the vpn.Which type vpn I configure at ASA firewall.Moreover user maximum 10 person.

Hello,

SSL VPN Peers                  : 2   --> Only 2 SSL VPN peers connections allowed.

Total VPN Peers                : 750       --> as your user count is 10 (and can go up), go with Remote Access IPSEC vpn.

Check cisco portal or google for relevant configuration based on ASA software version. Once configured successfully, users can access the internal servers from outside with no issues.

hth

MS

Hi

Can I access from window 7 laptop at any pulic network if I configure IPSec vpn? Is it possible sir???

Yes. You need to install the vpn client software on Win7 laptops. You can download the client from Cisco portal or check this link (64bit)..

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281940730&catid=268438162&os=Windows&softwareid=282364316&release=5.0.07.0410&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

hth

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: