Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 remote control

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I´m so sorry for this question, is the Remote control for codec or camera? I want to say if i could locate the codec in datacenter and to use the remote control in meeting room to manage calls and other features.

I appreciate your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Juan,

no need to be sorry , question is a question

remote IR is on bothe camera and Codec can be used on both however  only one will work at a time.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Ravi kr

View solution in original post

One things to note, that if the camera is connected to the codec using the it's control cable, than the IR on the codec will be disabled.  The camera's IR takes precedence over the codec's.

SystemUnit IrSensor Mode

Both the Codec C Series and PrecisionHD camera have IR sensors, and only one of them needs to be

enabled at the time. The IR sensor LED is located on the front of the codec and the camera and flickers

when an IR signal is received from the remote control.

Requires user role: ADMIN

Value space:

On: Enable the IR sensor on the codec.

Off: Disable the IR sensor on the codec.

Auto: The system will automatically disable the IR sensor on the codec if the IR sensor at camera is enabled. Otherwise, the IR sensor on the codec will be enabled.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Juan,

no need to be sorry , question is a question

remote IR is on bothe camera and Codec can be used on both however  only one will work at a time.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Ravi kr

One things to note, that if the camera is connected to the codec using the it's control cable, than the IR on the codec will be disabled.  The camera's IR takes precedence over the codec's.

SystemUnit IrSensor Mode

Both the Codec C Series and PrecisionHD camera have IR sensors, and only one of them needs to be

enabled at the time. The IR sensor LED is located on the front of the codec and the camera and flickers

when an IR signal is received from the remote control.

Requires user role: ADMIN

Value space:

On: Enable the IR sensor on the codec.

Off: Disable the IR sensor on the codec.

Auto: The system will automatically disable the IR sensor on the codec if the IR sensor at camera is enabled. Otherwise, the IR sensor on the codec will be enabled.

I appreciate your help. Thanks to Ravi and Patrick for the comments.