Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed/duplex settings on ISR G2 EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU

Cisco 3945 running 15.3(2)T with 1 x EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU.  Configuring the interface as such:

conf t

int g0/0/0

speed 1000

duplex full

Does not yield those settings int the configuration.  Is this by design?

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.       

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure that I correctly or completely understand your question. Are you saying that the interface does not wind up at Gig speed or at full duplex? Or are you just saying that you do not see that text in running config? What does the output of show interface Gi0/0/0 indicate.

I am guessing that since Gig speed and full duplex are the default settings for the interface that it may not show up in running config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure that I correctly or completely understand your question. Are you saying that the interface does not wind up at Gig speed or at full duplex? Or are you just saying that you do not see that text in running config? What does the output of show interface Gi0/0/0 indicate.

I am guessing that since Gig speed and full duplex are the default settings for the interface that it may not show up in running config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The later is correct, sorry for not being clear.  The hard set 1000/full does not show up in the config.  For every other Cisco interface I've ever configured, anything but "auto-negotiate" is always indicated in the config since it's not default.  Our ISP was insisting that we turn off auto-neg, and I really couldn't show them in the config that we had.  Just wanted to make sure I was configuring everything correctly. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card