Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA firwall in GNS3

any one have procedure to installation of ASA firewall in GNS3. I am not able to work with ASA in GNS3, step by step pictorial representation will be helpful for me to work with ASA firewall....

19 Replies 19

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

kindly refer to this link to run 8.4.

http://www.xerunetworks.com/2012/02/cisco-asa-84-on-gns3/

i have tried the same link.. but its not working.. try to start all the device.. ASA is showing inactive restart in 2 seconds.. It will continuing i am not able to configure it.......

do you have all files (initrd, kernel and .bin) available?

the error you've got is usually due to a corrupt file/IOS.

try to re-download those files, restart PC and try again.

this is the same link i've followed and should work fine.

i have all the 3 files.

i have loaded intrid and kernel in the corresponding qemu, ASA options, bin was loaded in Images location... Once drag the icon and moved to topology and started to run the same. its try to connect 127.0.0.1 loop back ip and getting reply that it is inactive..

where to enter these activation key , i am not receiving any window to enter this activation keys.....

http://www.xerunetworks.com/2012/03/asa-84-asdm-on-gns3-step-by-step-guide/

i am followed this link as well. But its not working.. If Lan is disconnected then how we will restored the image from PC through tftp.. plesae suggest.

hi,

sorry, i've just checked my setup. there's should be no .bin file used.

you should only use the two files: initrd and kernel.

the initrd file should be "unzipped" so check on that.

as for the other stuff, you type the activation key in global config once ASA is up and running.

also, you'll need a TFTP (search for TFTPD32) to load an ASDM image. we issue in ASA the copy tftp flash command.

ya right it was unzipped and loaded..  but when we start the ASA is showing network connection error refused restart in 2 secs... this is error i am getting.. dont know where is exact problem.....

hi,

did you run/open GNS3 as admin?

if it's still not working, try to uninstall/re-install GNS3.

let me try today and i will back to u

I am attached configuration as well error msg.. Please tell what is this error...

Try shutting down any firewalls and security applications you might have running on that box, also try to get the latest version of GNS3 and run it as admin.

hi,

your qemu setup looks ok. seems like you didn't run as admin or have an incompatible GNS3 version.

try to find a version that works on your PC and make sure you've got admin rights on your PC.

downoaded latest version 8.4 from gns3 site only.. . do u have updated version more than that... i am disbale firewall and eventhough disable antivirus also.. I am getting network connection refused only several times re installed.. any one give exact points rather than above given points to work ASA firewall in GNS3

Try this:

Qemu Options: -vnc none -vga none -m 1024 -icount auto -hdachs 980,16,32

Kernel cmd line: -append ide_generic.probe_mask=0x01 ide_core.chs=0.0:980,16,32 auto nousb console=ttyS0,9600 bigphysarea=65536

You might also want to check:

issue is i cant find the Loop back adapter in clould icon when i am configuring it. I am able to found  only wireless and Local adapter connection. Thats why i am getting network connection error. because both will be disconnected when i am trying to run ASA.. It was trying to connect through loopback, but it was not configured in cloud manager. Found the problem.. but to resolve it.. why i am not getting Loopback adapter in cloud icon when configuring it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: