Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.2.2 Share Desktop icon greyed out

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am running CUCM 9.1.1 and Presence 9.1.1. I have installed jabber 9.2.2. My share desktop icon is greyed out and I can not share my desktop. Has anyone else come accross this issue and found a resolution?

Thanks,

Derek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nope. You must have an active softphone call. The feature works by invoking BFCP to add a second H.264 video stream to the active call, identical to content sharing in a TelePresence call. No softphone call, no sharing (without WebEx).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you on a softphone call? Independant desktop sharing outside of a call on the CSF devices is NOT yet supported. Don't shoot the messenger.

Beyond that ensure you have completed the required steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_J6915A59_00_jabber-windows-server-setup_chapter_01.html#JABW_RF_V1999BC5_00

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

i am not using softphones. I am using the deskphone 8945, but for the purposes of my test. i am carrying out a IM chat with a colleague and in the chat window, the desktop sharing icon is greyed out. Is this feature not suppported in chat yet? if so, any ideas when it will be supported?

Thanks,

Derek

Desktop sharing while on a deskphne call is not supported. I cannot speak to roadmap information on a public forum; please direct this query to your Cisco AM.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the response. One last this. Is desktop sharing supported on a IM chat between 2 users basis?

Thanks,

Derek

Nope. You must have an active softphone call. The feature works by invoking BFCP to add a second H.264 video stream to the active call, identical to content sharing in a TelePresence call. No softphone call, no sharing (without WebEx).

thanks for the response. I will check with our Cisco AM as to when this may come into support