Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External no as CLI for forwarding calls from cucm

Hi All,

We have CUCM 7.5, MGCP gateway deployed i am facing below issue request you guys to guide me to get solution for this.

• •1. We have route patters with calling party transformation as below

Prefix: 0110112

• •2. When we call from extension 1230 using the route pattern xxxx, the CLI display on the called party number is 01101121230

This is correct.

• •3. When we do call forward all and a call made from an internal extension to this extension CLI display as expected (0110112XXXX, here xxxx is an extension).
  • •4. But when we make an external call to this extension while CallFWDALL is on , the call will be forwarded to the forwarded number. and the CLID display as prefix followed by the original party mobile number, which will be an invalid number. Here what we expect is to display original calling party number.

I have tried all possible way which i know to avoid to prefixing the DID range when call is originated from external number.

If I having H323 gateway I could have strip the digit from dial peer.

Request your expertise to resolve this.

12 Replies 12

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

What is your extension range? There are ways, in your case, probably best to use calling transformation patterns on the MGCP gateway. If you send through your extension range, I'll write some trans patterns for you to look over.

Ben

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As often discussed, had you searched before asking.

You cannot "show" any number except the ones that have been allocated to you by telco.

Otherwise you would be able to spoof caller-ID.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can configure your gateway to use last number redirect instead of first number redirect..The issue here is that yoru gateway is usign the mobile as the redirect number. Under your gateway settings, I think its on outbound calls, you can select which number is used for call redirect (first or last)

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thank you all for the response

@Morgan: the extension range is 0100-4999, i have tried my way in the transformation mask.

@Paolo Bevilacqua : tried in the forum couldnt find what i am looking for. it having no problem if i calling from extension.

only facing problem when i forwarded the call while a call coming from external number. it is prefixing the value which i appleied in the routepattern configuration.

@aokanlawon:  Let me try this and let you know the out come.

Awaiting your suggestion..

Regards,

Shalid K.C

thanks for that.. what is your PSTN Access Code. ie what digit do you use to to call PSTN Numbers?

This is what you need....under the gateway endpoints..

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls

Calling Party Selection: Change from originator to last number redirect

NB: you need to do a shut/no shut on your mgcp gateway for this to work

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

@Paolo Bevilacqua : tried in the forum couldnt find what i am looking for. it having no problem if i calling from extension.

only facing problem when i forwarded the call while a call coming from external number. it is prefixing the value which i appleied in the routepattern configuration.

I'm afraid you did not understood what I said:

You cannot have the original calling number to be show for Call-forwarded calls, no matter what you try or configure.

but if i didnt do any transformationmask on route pattern i am getting the original calling number in forwarded calls...

Hi All,

I got a work around for this and it works in our setup.

1. Assign external phone number mask to each IP phone DN configuration.

2. Do not configure any transformation mask on route pattern other than selecting Calling Party Number Type as Call manager.

3. Select Calling Party Selection as Originator from Call Riouting Information- Out bound calls from Gateway configuration in call manager.

Now my set up is working as below

1. every call from extension showing full qualified PSTN number

2. internal call forwarded from extension to external number showing full qualified PSTN number.

3. External call forwaded from extension to external number showing original calling number.

Regards,

Shalid K.C

3. External call forwaded from extension to external number showing original calling number.

Regards,

Shalid K.C

Which country is that ?

Iraq.

Regards,

Shalid K.C

Shalid KC wrote:

Iraq.

Then that is the only country, beside USA, that it allows placing calls without enforcing calling number checks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: