Replies

Aironet 1260 AP and windows 8

mohannad128
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i have Aironet 1260 AP

AIR-LAP1261N-E-K9

and i face big issue with this AP and (some) devices work on windows 8 ...Like Mcrosoft surface and also one of my freind have Apple laptop (but he install win 8 )

the problem this devices cannt see the network name (SSID) ...and all other machine (laptops with win8 ,  win 7 or xp ...phones like android phones iphone ...)working fine

just i till now 2 Type of devices cannot see the network name (SSID)  i try 5 MS Surface devices and same problem and apple laptop with win8 ...and this devices can see other network name and connect normally only with aironet 1260 cant see (SSID)

Im not sure but i think there is some problem with this AP and  some devices working on windows 8 or maybe with my configration ...really i dont know how to fix this ...

please help

thank you

My Current Startup Configuration File in attach ..

1 Reply 1

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

To work, the adapter’s wireless standard must be equal to or older than  the router’s wireless standard. For example, if the network adapter in  your PC uses the 802.11n wireless standard (also called Wireless-N) but  your router uses  802.11g, (also called Wireless-G), you won't be able  to connect because the Wireless-G standard is an earlier version and  doesn’t recognize Wireless-N. However, if the router uses Wireless-N but  the adapter in your PC uses Wireless-G, you should be able to connect  if the router is set to mixed mode, since Wireless-N works with some or  all of the earlier standards (802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g). Please check the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card