Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Practice - Replace AIR-LAP1131AG with AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9

bercol999
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I have received several AIR-LAP1142-A-K9 access points that will be replacing our existing AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 access points.

All existing access points are managed by cisco wireless controller - 4400 series.

I would like to use the same host names to replace old access points with the new ones using the following scenario:

1. Remove AP1131AG Hostname (OFFICEAP1) from wireless controller pysically disconnect from network - H

2. Associate new AP1142N with Wireless controller and give host name of (OFFICEAP1)

What is the correct procedure to properly disassociate the old access points and replace with the new one?

We have over 20 access points. Will there be any conflict or problems if I have 1142N Access points and 1131AG access points connected to the Wireless controller at the same time?

Thank you, any help would be appreciated

5 Replies 5

bercol999
Level 1
Level 1

Really?  55 Views and no responses?  Is this in the correct forum?

Really?  55 Views and no responses?  Is this in the correct forum?

This is the correct forum?  Yes and no.

Yes this is the correct forum but you created the thread in the WRONG SECTION.   Look where you posted this thread, it's under "LAN, Switching and Routing".  Not a lot of us here specialize in both wired and wireless. 

You can move this thread to the correct section.  Go to the upper right-hand corner and you should be able to see an option to "Move".

Wow.. I guess that would do it!  thanks..  will move

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have over 20 access points. Will there be any conflict or problems if I have 1142N Access points and 1131AG access points connected to the Wireless controller at the same time?

There is no problem as long as their IP Addresses are different.

What is the correct procedure to properly disassociate the old access points and replace with the new one?

Unplug the old ones and erase the config later.  If you are pedantic, record the MAC address (of the old APs) so you can put into your WLC to DENY the old APs from ever joining (security purposes).

Thanks - this is what I'm looking for..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card