cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant use IR remote after Touchpad installation

MNJTECH Direct
Level 1
Level 1

I have a C40 that was used with the IR remote control successfully for months. I recently installed a Touchpad connecting it directly to the 2nd eNet port.  The software is current at 6.2.0.  Immediately after I connected and started using the touchpad, we noticed that the unit no longer responds to the IR remote control.  The camera base flashes when buttons ar pressed on the IR remote indicating that the IR signal is being received, but there is no response from the codec.  Is this a 'feature'?  Can I still use the remote and the touchpad?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Touch Panel and Remote Control cannot work side by side. Once the Touch Panel is connected, it takes full control of the On Screen Display which would not allow changes to be made from the Remote. This is intended behavior.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Touch Panel and Remote Control cannot work side by side. Once the Touch Panel is connected, it takes full control of the On Screen Display which would not allow changes to be made from the Remote. This is intended behavior.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

I had that suspicion. Thank you for confirming it!

Could you please set the thread as answered!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: