cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help using Redirect on Aironet Access Point please :)

davidbayne
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up wireless access points for a Church.

I acquired a couple of 1131AG access points, and flashed them into Autonomous mode successfully. I used the CLI to configure them to provide WiFi, 1 SSID only (it's just for parishoner access; the office will remain on a separate, existing WiFi network). It uses WPA2 encryption. An existing router will provide DHCP.

We want to redirect to a Welcome page when parishoners connect. I know that "Enable IP Redirection on this SSID" exists on the access point, but I'm unclear how to use it, and an extensive search (of the Support Community and the general Internet) didn't help.

Can anyone direct me as to how to do this? The Church has a website (hosted externally), and I could put a page there; alternately we could use a service (preferably free; we don't have much money). We don't run any servers at the Church building right now, and I'd rather not install one if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-David

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

When I do guest networks and point the wifi to the guest box I use the ip address of the guest box as the gateway for that SSID. Although it sound like you want to redirect to a external website. You may want to look at a guest box to handle this. It will make your life a lot easier.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George:

Are you referring to the product "Guest Box"? Or some alternate server? I'm interested in your idea, and would love to hear more about what product you use.

Thanks!

David,

The boxes Ive used for customers come at a higher cost. I know your poisiton working with a church. Ive donated my time for similar causes setting up wireless networks. Check out this link or google wireless guest hotspots .. They have several portal options to handle your redirects.

http://www.networkworld.com/slideshow/92979/hottest-hotspot-gateways.html#slide3

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following  link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/ip-redirect/technical/reference/ipredir.html

Hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card