cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative to Premium License?

DrVoIP
Level 1
Level 1

For reasons that can be generally summarized as a loss of call processing capcity from 300 ports to 80 ports, when converting from Standard to Premium  licening, I need to consider some options.  The client requirement is for "compliance recording" and an outbound dialing campaign.   Compliance recording can be summarized as "always on, record all agents, all the time, archive and file".   Outbound dialing has to do with a message notification option they currently have on a seperate system.

I am interest to know if anyone has used Oaisys or a similar soluiton for compliance recording on UCCX?   As far as the outbound messge notification function, I am thinking I can script a solution that reads an XML file via HTTP get; dials a number and delivers and outbound prerecorded message; then dials the next (bascially an appointment reminder system).   I am thinking I can do this without the Campaign dialing offered under Premium licensing.

Any community input on this would be very welcome!

(Optionally, Anthony has made a creative suggestion of using two UCCX platforms to do this.   Very interesting and something I would like to try and cost justify.   Do you think the premium platform would be able to record Agents on the Enhanced platform)?

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http://blog.drvoip.com       

http:/drvoip.com/blog
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Buswell wrote:

You would kick off the applicaiton by HTTP...

HTTP Triggers require Premium licensing.  If that is what you were saying there.  I could have misread your comment.

Peter Buswell wrote:

So what do you think Anthony, can the second Premimum platform (used only to run the campaign and do recording) record the Enhanced agents on the other platform?

No, it couldn't.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds to me like you want/need a table with three columns: Premium, Enhanced, and Standard, and then a row for each feature of the product.  You might be thinking that you've seen this before in the data sheets, or in the SRND, but here's where it deviates from those tables: you don't put a check mark in the box to say what's available and where, you write down alternative solutions in each licensing level to see if a comparible solution can be provided.

E.g., Premium feature of accessing external databases.  The Enhanced solution is to leverage a web server in the middle.  UCCX -> HTTP -> Web Server -> SQL -> Database.  And since most companies will have a web server they can leverage, and possible a web administrator, this should come at a very low cost.

Truthfully, if you had such a table, and could execute on it, you would be ahead of all partners selling UCCX, as you would not need to sell Premium as often they.  Maybe not get away from it entirely, but certainly sell more Standard and Enhance than them.

I personally know of partners where they exclusively sell Premium because they don't have a table like this.

To directly answer your questions:

1) No, I have never used a recording solution for UCCX/Agents other than the built in recording an Calabrio's product.

2) The problem with outbound solution you proposed on STD or ENH, is how you kick off the initial script.  When all that exists to triggers scripts are JTAPI Triggers, you could certainly do it with a phone call, but then how do you sell the solution as one in which you set it up and let it run on a schedule, just like the Outbound campaigns do today?  You could look in to programmatically sending a phone call to UCCX from a computer program.  And if you could do that, then you could pass the data (I.e., the numbers to dial) directly to the script via DTMF.  Just keep security in mind.  If I found your trigger, I might just try to use it to start my own campaign.

This is an interesting topic.  I wonder what kind of responses it will receive.  Let's watch and see!

Anthony Holloway

I have thought about the trigger issue, but it is a small price to pay.  Currently the client uses an external third part, PC based solution that they have to manually feed an Excell spread sheet then push "go".   So I am thinking I would do the same.  I would have them publish the dial list to an XML document and I would use HTTP get or Xpath.   You would kick off the applicaiton by HTTP or calling.  I like calling as we could then prompt for a PIN to start, restart or stop the dial application!

The enhanced license has some "on deman" recording capability.  I have worked with Oaisys on other VoIP solutions and they do an excellent job at a competitive price point.   So what do you think Anthony, can the second Premimum platform (used only to run the campaign and do recording) record the Enhanced agents on the other platform?

http://blog.drvoip.com

http:/drvoip.com/blog

Peter Buswell wrote:

You would kick off the applicaiton by HTTP...

HTTP Triggers require Premium licensing.  If that is what you were saying there.  I could have misread your comment.

Peter Buswell wrote:

So what do you think Anthony, can the second Premimum platform (used only to run the campaign and do recording) record the Enhanced agents on the other platform?

No, it couldn't.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: