Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE installation - reimaging issue

contactabbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today I was installing ISE on 3355 appliances those will run all services (standalone), when  installation completed I was not able to login to the CLI. I think the  keyboard I used had issue (typed extra charachter or something). This was a pre-loaded OS.

I downloaded (ise-ipep-1.2.0-899.i386.iso) and tried password recovery booting appliance with (ise-ipep-1.2.0-899.i386.iso), after changing the password I saved configs and tried  logging using the new password. But I could not login again.

Then I tried to re-install ISE using (ise-ipep-1.2.0-899.i386.iso).  After the installation was completed, I entered setup command and an error  poped up on the screen. "input/output errors occured while installation".

Question 1: Is the following iso only for a posture node installation or I could use this for ISE standalone deployment?

ise-ipep-1.2.0-899.i386.iso

Cisco Identity Services Engine Software Version 1.2.0 full  installation (IPN functionality only). This ISO file can be used for  installing ISE IPN (Inline Posture Node) on ISE-33x5 and NAC-33x5  Appliances, SNS-3415 server and CSACS-1121.

Question:2 What could have caused "input/output errors occured while installation". And how should I proceed with the installation?

I am in really bad situation, your help and support will be highly appreciated.

Regards

5 Replies 5

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you are right the ise-ipep-1.2.0-899.i386.iso is used for installing ISE IPN. Might be you are using the corrupt software for Cisco Identity Services Engine. please download the latest software again. I installed the same and it’s working.

Hi Ravi, Thanks for the reply but my questions were following..

Question 1: Is the following iso only for a posture node installation or I could use this for ISE standalone deployment?

Can I use this ise-ipep-1.2.0-899.i386.iso for fresh installation on 3355 appliance?

Question:2 What could have caused "input/output errors occured while  installation". And how should I proceed with the installation?

Answer: Download the latest version 1.2 and check the MD5 checksum.

Hello Mudasir,

I am checking that you will be able to deploye it in standalone mode or not. I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you wish to do a standlone deployment use

Cisco  ISE Software Version 1.2.0 full installation(no IPN functionality).This  ISO file can be used for installing ISE on ISE-33x5, NAC-33x5  Appliances, SNS-34x5 Servers and CSACS-1121 as well as a VM installation  on VMWare ESX/ESXi 4.x/5.x

ise-1.2.0.899.x86_64.iso

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Mudasir,

Regarding Cisco ISE full deployment, please go through this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/installation_guide/ise_ig.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: