Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

BE6000 datastore problem

Unanswered Question
Aug 5th, 2013
User Badges:

Hi all,

we're experiencing some strange issue with a BE6K, I'm writing to know if anyone has already encountered this problem or has any idea.

It happened 2 times in a month that at our customer site all the phones were in SRST mode.

Connecting to the system with vSphere Client we found all the VMs working, but the CUCM was not responding: impossible to ping it, nothing could be seen with the console. All the other applications were running fine (Unity Connection, IM&Presence).

We powered off the CUCM, after powering it on it started working fine.

Looking at the ESXi events we found out the error in the attached image: "Lost access to volume xxxxxx due to connectivity issues".

We are thinking about some RAID firmware problem or something similar.

We already opened a support case with TAC and we are providing logs and traces to them trying to identify the issue.

Anyone has already encountered the problem? maybe setting differently some parameter in the vmware environment could help fixing the issue?

Thank you very much

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
testspa Mon, 08/12/2013 - 03:59
User Badges:

Update

the TAC engineer found out the problem: looking at the logs it seems that the RAID controller is failing, so he's going to send us a new RAID controller card.

Hope this can help anyone is going to experience the same problem.

Bye

Chris Deren Mon, 08/12/2013 - 06:13
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Make sure you disable interrupt remapping in ESXi (VMkernel.Boot.iovDisableIR) as it causes similar issue.

HTH,

Chris

lorenz84gDD Sat, 03/21/2015 - 10:40
User Badges:

Hello testspa,

I know this thread is very old but I'm having you exact same issue here. Do you remember how did you fix this issue?

lorenz

Marcelo Almeida... Sat, 03/21/2015 - 14:02
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Hi lorenz84gDD,

he described the solution as:

"the TAC engineer found out the problem: looking at the logs it seems that the RAID controller is failing, so he's going to send us a new RAID controller card".

​Regards.

voss Tue, 01/19/2016 - 13:12
User Badges:

Hello All,

I have the same problem,

We have replaced the RAID controller but problem persist

Do you have another idei on what can be the problem ?

Stephane

Actions

This Discussion