Cannot call video bridge

Unanswered Question
waicwong Wed, 08/07/2013 - 20:54
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.  I just checkd with my colleague sitting next to me.  He can call in video bridge or direct Tandberg numbers without any problem, with Jabber Video.  I found that his settings are different from mine and I cannot make changes to my settings.

His setting for Internal Server is: vcs-rtp-1.cisco.com, while mine is: ttps://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

Also, I have nothing at SIP domain but he has "cisco.com" in that field.

Is there a way I can change that so that I can call in video bridge.  That's the main purpose of using Jabber Video for me.  And I will need to set the same up for my manager.

Appreciate your advice.

Jason Hirdler Thu, 08/08/2013 - 07:49
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Jennifer,

Based on the information you provided, your colleague is also using a different service.  When you download from www.ciscojabbervideo.com, the software is locked.  If you want to use the Cisco enterprise version you will need to request it through IT.  To use the cisco.com server you must also have an account enabled within that system. 

Regards,

Jason

waicwong Thu, 08/15/2013 - 20:02
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Wonderful!!!  It works!  I've been asking around but couldn't get it solved.  Thanks very much.

jimboh001 Fri, 08/23/2013 - 16:55
User Badges:

Jennifer I have the same issue as you, but how did you make the settings change to allow it to work?

The settings appear to be locked.

Jason Hirdler Mon, 08/26/2013 - 08:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Jim,

The Cisco Jabber Video application for this free service is locked down.  If you need the software that does not have any initial settings then you will need to download it from here:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283613653&flowid=26381&softwareid=280886992&release=4.6.3.17194&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest.

Regards,

Jason

jimboh001 Mon, 08/26/2013 - 11:42
User Badges:

Thanks for that response Jason.  I did download & install the version you suggested. I can connect to single endpoints but cannot to a Polycom Bridge RMX2000. I'm not knowledgeable about the server settings that could be used in Jabber, was hoping that there was a server location that could be entered as access without having a paid account,  just trying out the Jabber video as a possible aternative. Maybe I just can't do it?

Jason Hirdler Mon, 08/26/2013 - 14:47
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Jim,

Not sure I can answer to the Polycom Bridge.  If the  bridge is not using SIP, then that might be why you can't connect.   Calling another service has nothing to do with the settings of the  Jabber Video client.  The backend service for the free Cisco Jabber  Video client is SIP URI based calling only.  Not too sure why you can't  call that bridge without proper logging, but most likely there is a conflict of settings for negotiating the call.

Regards,

Jason

Actions

This Discussion