Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 phone freezes after transferring a call

dabessell
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am running into a strange problem with some of my 7942s.  For some reason when users transfer a call to someone else, the phone screen freezes for a few seconds before releasing the call.  The user is not able to do anything to their phone during that time.  The problem happens maybe 2 or 3 times a day.

I am running CUCM version 8.6.2.22900-9.  I have upgraded the 7942s that have been effected to phone load version SCCP42.9-3-1SR2-1S.  The phone update did not fix the problem.  The only commonality between the phones that are affected, that makes them different from phones that are not affected is that they all use plantronics headsets (varying models).  We tested one of the phones by unplugging the headset and it seemed to work fine for a week straight.  After plugging the headset back in, the problem occured again.

Could the Plantronics headset really be causing the phone to lock up?  I have used Plantronics headset on other CUCM environments with no issues.  I am kind of at a loss here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, Are the affected phones connected to a particular switch? I was thinking you can be possibly losing keepalives or something related to network connectivity.

BTW, if you remove the headsets does everything work fine?

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Can you please check if this bug applies to your scenario? Are you using encryption on the phones?

If you are hitting this bug you can request load 9-3-1ES15 to TAC.

CSCug63713

EAP-TLS on phone fails leading to phone freeze with Load 9-3-1SR2

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Hi testeven,

Thanks for the reply.  We are not using encryption on the phones so unfortunately, this bug doesn't apply.

David

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, Are the affected phones connected to a particular switch? I was thinking you can be possibly losing keepalives or something related to network connectivity.

BTW, if you remove the headsets does everything work fine?

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

The phones are spread out amongst different switches. 

When we disconnect the headset on our test phone, it does resolve the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: