Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice for WAAS Central Manager?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are building a WAAS lab (not production) for a customer and we recently discovered that we can't use the NME-WAE-502-K9 as the central manager which was very affordable.  So we are very disappointed about this.  The other equipment are Cisco ISR 2811 (very affordable for building WAAS) with NME-WAE-502-K9 running WAAS 4.1.1 acting as the application accelerators.  I have some questions and asking for some advice about some alternative options for us to consider:

1. What is the cheapest/smallest WAAS option we can use for the WAAS central manager?  The only thing I could find is the WAE-512-K9, but maybe there is something else that is smaller and cheaper for consideration. 
  2. From what I read, after WAAS software version 4.1.1 it requires the Enterprise and Transport Licencing.  Does the WAAS central manager have a 30,60, or 90 day trial that the CM can run before a license is required like most of the Cisco Unified Communications products today?

Thanks in advanced!

-rya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I need to schedule Monthly Traffic Optimization report for 70 WAE devices at a single stretch using WAAS Central Manager. The problem is when i schedule more than 1 device, i just get 1 report and the file name actually has the hostnames of the selected 2 devices separated by comma sign. Instead i would like to have separate report generated for each device. How do i accomplish this?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

John Gaskell
Level 4
Level 4

You need a dedicated device for CM. The smallest listed in "Cisco WAAS 5.0 Sizing Guidelines" is 294-4G, which can manage 250 devices.

Thank you John.  What info are you looking at.  I see the lowest end is the Cisco WAVE-274 not the 294?

Based on this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6474/prod_models_comparison.html

Thank you

-rya

Yes you are right. The 294 is the new model, the 274 the older model.

There doesn't really seem to be a really low low-end WAAS device - so for a small test environment I would investigate virtual contral manager (vCM).   

John

If this is useful please mark as Helpful or Solved.

A central manager is required to managed all of your accelerators properly in a supported configuration. You don't necessarily need a physical appliance though. There is also the virtual form factor (vWAAS is the accelerator version and vCM is the manager version) that can run on a ESXi hypervisor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/vwaas/guide/vwaasguide.html#wp69212

John

If this is useful please mark as Helpful or Solved.

Hi All,

I need to schedule Monthly Traffic Optimization report for 70 WAE devices at a single stretch using WAAS Central Manager. The problem is when i schedule more than 1 device, i just get 1 report and the file name actually has the hostnames of the selected 2 devices separated by comma sign. Instead i would like to have separate report generated for each device. How do i accomplish this?

Gurpreet Kochar
Level 1
Level 1

You don't need any license for waas devices. They have inbuilt permanent licesnses, you only need to activate the license you need.

There is no ova file available for download for virtual cm, you can only get the ova file through your accounts team which in turn will have to contact cisco PDI team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: