cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Estimating DRS Backup Requirement CUCM 6.x

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

New versions of CUCM have a feature that allows one to estimate the size requirements of a DRS backup:

DRS >> Backup >> Manual Backup >> Estimate Size

How can I estimate the directory size requirement for a CUCM 6.x cluster with 1 Pub / 2 Subs and  with just several hundred registered devices?

Thanks,

Amir

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are too many factors, you can get estimates based on what other people have on their clusters, want to get a real estimate??

Do a backup, then, you'll have a realistic baseline to work with from your cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime / Gordon / Aman,

I was initially trying to estimate it using CLI output like:

show diskusage tftp - which generated a total of 121M in the /user/local/cm/tftp directory.

I was able to get an SFTP server up at this remote site and generated a manual backup.  It was only 375MG. 

Thank you all!

Amir

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

It's not going to need terabytes of data (Heck, CUCM only requires 80GB to install !), so just point your pub at your SFTP machine and run a backup. It won't take long and it'll instantly tell you how big your database is.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi,

The backup size would mainly depend on CCM DB[amount of configuration] in Publswiher and TFTP [Firmware files] of each server in cluster.

In a cluster of 1 Pub and two SUBs with 200 IP phones, tentative size would be 800MB.

regds,

aman

Hi Amir,

thanks for the rating.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: