Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert:Cisco Prime Network Registrar

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

With Pete Newcomb & Jim Brown 

..Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. Learn from experts Peter Newcomb and Jim Brown about  Cisco Prime Network Registrar, Cisco's industry leading solution for integrated DNS, DHCP and  IP address management (IPAM) services  for both IPv4 and IPv6. 

Pete Newcomb is a technical marketing engineer in Cisco's Network Management and Technology Group and has over 30 years of experience in the voice and data communications industry, including sales support and product engineering support with several companies. His design and development background includes wireless services, switching, routing, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, X.25, telephony services, risk management, and network security. 

Jim Brown is a customer support  engineer in Cisco's Network Management and Technology Group. He has over 35 years of experience in development engineering and customer service, real-time and fault tolerant operating systems, and network management for the telecommunications and software industries. For the last 14 years he has been with the Network Registrar Development Team, interfacing with Customer Service and directly with customers in problem solving.

Remember to use the rating system to let Pete and Jim know if you have received an adequate response.  

Pete and Jim might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Network Infrastructure sub-community   forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through January 18, 2013. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ananta Bhonde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
9 Replies 9

Hi Pete and Jim

I wonder if Network Registrar supports Failover. If so, what's the best way to configure it?

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris,

Network Registrar certianly  does support the DHCP Failover protocol. We always suggest using

Simple Failover for which the configuration instructions are available here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/prime/network_registrar/8.1/user/guide/UG26_Fai.html

Best Regards,

Jim Brown

Jorge Guimaraes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a simple question. Does Cisco Prime Network Registrar support IPv6? If so, how do I configure the addresses pools? I currently use regular CNR for the addressing for my cable modems in a cable network and I want to migrate to cisco prime. Is this possible? Do you have any referrence I can review on how to do this?

thank you.

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

Absolutely, Prime CNR supports IPv6 since CNR 6.x versions...

For IPv6 configuration instructions on latest versions of CPNR you should start here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/prime/network_registrar/8.1/user/guide/UG25_IP6.html

Best Regards

Jim Brown

naywinaung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pete,

I would like to ask how can I register local Prime CNR to regional Prime CNR? what is the default SCP port to register as I am not able to register from local Prime CNR to regional prime CNR?

regards

nay win

Jaime Gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to ask if the CNR can map IP address with users in tue activce directory?  is there integration with active directory?

Hi Jaime, Do you find if CNR can map IP addresses with clients usernames? I'm trying to apply this scenario over a CNR 8.2

Ananta Bhonde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNS Server BIND version disclosure

How to hide the version number of bind.

Neteng99
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to delete a large list of scopes using nrcmd CNR 6.3

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco