cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Adding a Cisco Unified Client Services Framework (CFS) take additional license

bejoy.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a BE6K setup with CUCM v9.1, IM & Presence V9.1 and Enterprice license manager (ELM) v9.1.

Does CFS require additional enhanced license ?

After adding CFS we are getting "Insufficient license" error. Is CFS not considered as a device which is part of Enhanced licensing ?

Regards

Bejoy Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What exact version are you running?

UDP should not be counted against license if you are on 9.1.1a as it was an issue in prior version.

How many total phones do you have configured? It appears you have more phones than licenses.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

Your problem is explained clearly here...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_R6F8DBD4_00_release-notes-for-cucm-91_chapter_0100.html

Licensing

Advanced UCL and UWL Premium license types are no longer applicable. The following device types, previously under Advanced UCL and UWL Premium, now require the Enhanced License type:

Cisco IP Communicator

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator

Carrier-Integrated Mobile

Unified Client Services Framework

Cisco Telepresence EX60

Cisco Telepresence EX90

Cisco Dual Mode for Android

Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone

Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator

IMS-integrated Mobile

Enhanced Plus UCL has been added, which includes the same device types and features as the Enhanced License type, and allows for up to 2 devices per user.

Cisco Unified Workspace License (UWL) Standard allows for up to 10 devices per user.

Customers who upgrade to Unified Communications Manager Release 9.1(1) from Release 9.0(1) must update their license file. Customers were issued Unified Communications Manager UWL Premium licenses for Enhanced, Enhanced Plus and UWL Standard in order to provide Jabber for Mobile and Jabber for Desktop clients in the Release 9.0(1) release. These licenses were installed and recognized on Enterprise License Manager Release 9.0(1) as UWL Premium.

In addition, license migration requests for upgrades to Release 9.0(1) included fulfillments of Advanced UCL licenses. However, when a Release 9.0(1) system is upgraded to Release 9.1(1) the licenses for Advanced and UWL Premium will no longer be valid. Customers that have UWL Premium or Advanced UCL licenses on their 9.0(1) system must upgrade Enterprise License Manager to Release 9.1(1) and submit their Release 9.0(1) license file to Cisco for conversion to Release 9.1(1) licenses. The conversion to Release 9.1(1) licenses will restore the original entitlements for Enhanced, Enhanced Plus and UWL Standard licenses. If your license file includes UWL Premium or Advanced UCL, contact Cisco at uc91-license@cisco.com for license file replacement.

Once a customer upgrades Unified Communications Manager to Release 9.1(1) from Release 9.0(1), they must upgrade Enterprise License Manager to Release 9.1(1) as well. Enterprise License Manager Release 9.0(1) will not recognize Unified Communications Manager Release 9.1(1) license requirements.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

Karthik Sivaram

As explained very well by Karthik (+5) you need either CUWL or Enhanced Plus user license to cover 10 or 2 devices per user respectively. If you did not associate the user id to the CSF device ELM will attempt to assign another separate license to it thinking it is an independent device.

HTH,

Chris

bejoy.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Karthik & Chris,

Thanks for your reply. What I understand from your replay is, a CFS has to be assigned to a user and the user can have a maximum of 2 devices associated with it.

My case is exactly the same, I have users with one 'device profile' and a 'CFS' each. But still I have the license issue. I am attaching a user screen shot for instance. Not sure if I am missing out something in the user config.

Regards

Bejoy

What exact version are you running?

UDP should not be counted against license if you are on 9.1.1a as it was an issue in prior version.

How many total phones do you have configured? It appears you have more phones than licenses.

Chris

Yes.. That is the problem. I have more phones (including the CFS) configured than the licenses.

And by the way I am on version : 9.1.1.20000-5

Regards

Bejoy

Then you need to get more licenses from Cisco, or get Enhanced Plus instead of Enhanced and associate up to 2 devices per user via owner ID config on the device. Also, as I stated before make sure you are on at least 9.1.1a in order for UDP not to waste your licenses.

hth,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: