We are going to upgrade our Cisco Call Manager 6.1.2 to the latest version (pls advice which is the latest one) in order to start using IVR.
Got some questions here below:
1. What is the minimum IVR version supported?
2. Can we perform direct upgrade from 6.1.2 to the version we need
3. Is it possible to revert back to the previous version if upgrade fails?
4. Is it going to be a bridge upgrade? If yes, is it still possible to revert back to the previous version if upragde fails?
5. Do we have to buy licences for the new server hardware? Is it possible to rehome the old ones to the new server?
We are going to use physical servers, no virtualization.
You can use the licenses available on 6.x version when u upgrade to a desired call manager version .Firstly, u need to place order through PUT [product upgrade tool] to get desired upgrade call manager version.
after that, u need to send mail to [email protected] with existing license file so that they can re-host the licenses [new H/W,if any] and provide the new lic file.If the Hardware remains same, there is no need to write mail to licensing team or GLO.