cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Guest Bandwidth Wireless Bridge AP 2960S LANBASE

andrewdours
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  I have a wireless bridge connecting a hard to reach site.  I'd like to limit the guest traffic before it is sent over the bridge so that we don't fill the wireless bridge with guest traffic.  I've set a policy through the GUI interaface as directed by the various Cisco tech documents.  This did not limit the traffic. 

I thought that I read something somewhere regarding how bridge traffic traverses the bridge over the native vlan.  Not sure I understand this but I think this may have something to do with it.

If there is no good way to limit this traffic on the AP, is there anything that can be configured on the switch located at the hard to reach site?  I have a 2960S with LANBASE.

Any help is appreciated.

Andrew

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well all autonomous APs management impress to be on the native vlan, this is required. So since this is untagged, depending on how your doing your bandwidth limitation, can be your issue. Now if your using multiple vlans, the other vlans should be tagged, not the management though

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

Thanks for your reply.  I have it configured as you have described.  I think you're right about the native VLAN being untagged causing the issue.  I've moved the posting over to the LAN, switching and routing forum.  Maybe someone could help me set some sort of filter on the 2960S.  Although by doing this, guest wireless users connecting and going over the bridge would not be limited.  Might be time to create a case with Cisco TAC.

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card