Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF receiving on IVR-script with SIP-provider

Ilya Geraskin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have implement IVR on our voice gateway 2921. It should work with incoming calls from PSTN through the SP's SIP-trunk. But the SP sends DTMF in band within g711. All calls to IVR are going through gateway to CCM and it forwards them back to gateway's dial-peer with IVR script if is after hours call.

As I understood there should be a MTP for recieve DTMF in band signals. So where it should be configured? On CCM or on the gateway?

Maybe I'm missing something.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should configure your dtmf (rtp-nte) on both of your dial-peers. Your inbound dial-peer to cucm and your outbound dial-peer to CUCM (and vice versa). If you have a seperate dial-peer to your IVR, you should also configure that. You dont need a MTP if your IVR supports the DTMF method your provider uses. If your IVR doesnt support it, then you need a MTP device

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thank you for answer!

I have rtp-nte applied on all of the dial-peers. IVR script is a simple VXML script. How can I realize do it support in band dtmf or not? Probably it doesn't support this method, so should I configure typical MTP and it will automatically solve the problem?

I suggest you test is first without MTP. If you have issues then use MTP

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"