Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

windows 8 vpn client

Hi,

I have a windows 8 installed, my vpn client 5.0.0.7.440 authenticates and gets the ip address with no issue.

Its connect to the network without any issues.

But when i try to ping any network there is request timed out checking the traffic, it shows its bypassing the vpn tunnel.

But the same is working in windows 7.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ofically Windows 8 is not supported on the traditional IPSec client that you are running. Some people report that Windows 8 does run for them on that client version that you are running. You can see this thread for a discussion of the issue and description of a possible work around that might help you. Otherwise for support for Windows 8 you may need to look to the AnyConnect client for which Windws 8 is officially supported.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ofically Windows 8 is not supported on the traditional IPSec client that you are running. Some people report that Windows 8 does run for them on that client version that you are running. You can see this thread for a discussion of the issue and description of a possible work around that might help you. Otherwise for support for Windows 8 you may need to look to the AnyConnect client for which Windws 8 is officially supported.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

My vpnclient 5.0.07.0410-k9 work with Windows 8. But after install Win 8.1 it does not work.

I install vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0440-k9.exe.

After the installation i get the error:

Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the client.

Reason 440: Driver failure.

Has anybody an idea?

I found two discussions that might be helpful

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/f60ea977-3473-41d6-a4f2-003737c990ca/cisco-vpn-client-version-50070440?forum=w8itprohardware

and

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2206150

notice in this thread is both a potential workaround and a statement from a Cisco person that the IPSec client is not officially supported by Cisco for Windows 8 and that the only officially supported client is AnyConnect. So some of the workarounds suggested may help but Cisco has not claimed that this client should work on Windows 8.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

sc456_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

If you're looking for an alternative client that supports Windows 8 and is still actively being developed, check out TheGreenBow IPSEC VPN Client. It's got a free trial and great documentation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: