cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP520 Router with NexStar FX NAS

ruant0001
Level 1
Level 1

How do i get the Cisco SRP520 Router to assign the external IP to my NexStar FX Nas,

i have a Harddrive in the NexStar FX Nas,and the files is setup to FTP, but i cant access it from a diffrent network, if i'm connected to the network it works but asoon as i use a diffrent network it doesnt pick up... i also have a working dyndns account setup on router can i use the dyndns account to ftp?

for Example: ftp://site2.dyndns.org

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That looks ok.  You don't have any advanced firewall rules configured do you?  Does your FTP have the correct default gateway configured (i.e. can you access the Internet ok from it?)

Andy

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ruan,

Just create a port forwarding rule for application you wish to expose to the internet.

Network Setup > NAT > Port Forwarding.

The Admin Guide has more detail if you need it.

Andy

i did try that but unfortunately it did not work

see screenshot below

That looks ok.  You don't have any advanced firewall rules configured do you?  Does your FTP have the correct default gateway configured (i.e. can you access the Internet ok from it?)

Andy

The Firewall Filter Internet NAT Redirection Was active

ruant0001
Level 1
Level 1

No advanced firewall rules configured and The FTP have the correct default gateway
a funny thing i encountered is if i use a different internet i can access the ftp but not from my own network!!!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Strange, sounds like some transient issue.

Try restarting your server and the SRP and if things don't change raise a case.

Out of interest, when it didn't work across the Internet, what IP address did you have?  I assume that your ISP is providing clear public addressing?

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: