Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Jabber For Windows Presence and Click-to-Call not functioning

Unanswered Question

I have migrated to a new Windows 7 SP1 64-bit laptop with Office 2007, including Outlook 2007.  I had those on my previous laptop as well.

I now also have Visio 2010 installed (but nothing else from Office 2010).

I am running Jabber for Windows 9.2(4) Build 4528 but I have tried previous versions of 9.2 and 9.2(3) as well.

I did not get any obvious installation errors when I installed JFW but I did not check the install log to check for any possible hidden errrors (where might that file be located)?

I do not get any Presence Status in Outlook (no jellybeans), nor do I get the click-to-call functionality in Outlook that I had working on my previous laptop.

All other functions of JFW work that I can tell (hardphone control, softphone mode, Presence and Chat in the jabber client itself, etc.).

I did de-install the JFW 9.2(3) version and installed 9.2(2) from scratch before I upgraded to 9.2(4) yesterday.

Any ideas on how to fix these problems? I am going nuts here.

Thank you,

John

June 13, 2014:

P.S.  I am not on Jabber for Windows 9.7.2 Build 18938 and my Click-to-Call and Presence Status is gone again.  At some previous version this problem corrected itself but has gone away again. It was gone in the earlier versions of 9.7 as well.

Any ideas?  I am still running the same version of Windows and Office Software that I mentioned at the top of this post.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jvandermark Thu, 08/22/2013 - 08:09
User Badges:

Sounds like its just the integration with office.

I would start by uninstalling Jabber all together (then reboot)

Then run a repair on office. (reboot)

Then re-install jabber and see if the integration is back.

The reboots may seem tedious and overrated, but I highly reccomend them.

coflaher Thu, 08/22/2013 - 09:23
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You need to make sure that the proxyaddress is populated in AD with the IM address of the users.

r2mehta1975 Mon, 08/26/2013 - 18:05
User Badges:

I have experienced the same issue with integration with office since we started using 9-2-3 and 9-2-4.

What I have noticed is that if You log in to Jabber first and open the outlook afterwards there is no issue and presence works fine. I am currently tetsing this in lab by setting jabber to start when OS starts and setting my jabber to log me in automatically. will update on the findings

coflaher Tue, 08/27/2013 - 03:04
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Guys,

I'd recommend opening a TAC case on this. We've noticed a number of incoming customer cases on this in the past week. Cases are still under investigation.

- Colin

Actions

This Discussion