GSS4492 provide different IP address depending on conditions

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I am new to GSSs to bear with me.

We have 2 x GSS4492 configured as active/standby pair.  One exists in datacentre X whilst other exists in datacentre Y.

We have a new requirement where by a 3rd part company will have a new WAN link connecting to our datacentre X and another to our datacentre Y. The 3rd party company will forward DNS lookups to the GSSs in both datacentres for a specific service - called application A. The GSSs sit behind a firewall in each datacentre. The GSSs will respond to a DNS query from 3rd party company with a NAT address on the firewall (designated as primary for the application) e.g. 10.10.10.10. 3rd party company then connects to the nat address etc. If the application A is not available in primary data centre then the GSSs will return an IP address for service in the other datacentre (nat address) 10.10.20.10. This is standard stuff - as far as I'm aware. 

But, what they want is to use the same FQDN e.g. 'testing.test.co.uk' but require the GSSs to respond with a different IP address depending on a condition.

- If application A is up in datacentre X and WAN link to data centre X is up (from 3rd party company) then GSS will respond to FQDN 'testing.test.co.uk' with 10.10.10.11 (local NAT address for service on this local primary datacentre)

- If application A is up in datacentre X and WAN link to data centre X is down (from 3rd party company) then GSS will respond to FQDN 'testing.test.co.uk'  with 10.10.20.12 (other datacentre NAT address but this will be NAT'd to real address for application A in datacentre X)

- If application A is down in datacentre X and WAN link to data centre X is up (from 3rd party company) then GSS will respond to FQDN 'testing.test.co.uk' with 10.10.10.12 (i.e. local datacentre NAT address but this is nat'd to real address of backup service in other datacentre i.e. application A in datacentre Y)

- If application A is down in datacentre X and WAN link to data centre X is down (from 3rd party company) then GSS will respond to FQDN 'testing.test.co.uk' with 10.10.20.11 (backup datacentre Y)

Can the GSS do this?  If so please indicate how it can be done (by the way the GSSs poll VIPs on ACEs in each datacentre).

regards

Mark

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion