Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA502G how to lock down the phone with level passwords

CrazyBoyS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have the SPA502G phones in our buisness and we have the phone locked down with 1 password but doing this it keeps everyone out of configuring their voicemail and such.

We want to set it up so their is diffrent level's of passwords to access on certain sections of the phones.

Example user password will be only ring tones, voicemail, call forward and that is it

Then higher level passwords to factory reset, static IP, etc.

I read throught the manuals but is not very good on how to do this.

Please any help would be great.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are two access levels only - user and administrator.

Administrator's access can't be restricted.

According user access, you can use ua=( "na" | "ro" | "rw" ) attribute of particular tag in the XML to assign required user's access level to option in question.

You can't add another access level into phone itself as far as I know.

That sounds good but what XML file do we modify? We want to control this directly on the phone itself and does this have to be done in the web acess part? If so where or what XML needs to be modified?

I'm speaking about XML confiration file used for provisioning. E.g. the file the phone will fetch using the URL configured into Profile_Rule:

x.JPG

There is excerpt from our file:

Our user are allowed to see (but not modify) call forward settings, they can modify format of date and time and they has no access (even read-only) to configuration of mailbox.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: