Views
Helpful
Replies

DX-650 Missing Corporate Directory

binu.john
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone came across missing corporate directory issue in DX-650's.? The devices are registered with Call Manager 8.6.2,

In phone contacts it shows only the speed dial numbers. Phone FW is the latest one.

We have LDAP integration with CUCM. For rest of the models(79XX,99XX) directory works.

Regards

John

15 Replies 15

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Binu

Do you have a TAC case open? We will have to check in our LAB..

can you please mention the firmware and full CUCM version?

Tapan

Hi Tapan,

I didnt open a TAC yet, The CUCM Version is 8.6.2.21900-5, with latest device package isntalled

(cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23079-1.cop.sgn). The dx-650 fw is10-0-1-103.

Thanks,

John

Ok

So DX 650 is an android device and is not able to pull user info from AD or CUCM directly but as a workaround what you can do is :

- import CUCM users into Google contacts

Tapan

Thanks Tapan,

A device which is registered to CUCM cannot push corporate directory? Really strange!!

Place where there are no AD, and if directory is maintained locally on CUCM, how we could manage this?

Is it mentioned anywhere in the DX-650 Setup documents?

Thanks,

John

John,

My DX-650 seems to be able to search the corporate directory.  Just on the phone application in the search bar, type in the user's name.

This functionality is mentioned in the DX650 admin guide- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cdce/dx600/admin/10_0_1/english/DX60_BK_C989350E_00_cisco-desktop-collaboration-experience-dx600_chapter_010.html#DX60_TP_F0281A0A_00

Thanks,

Brian

Tapan,

We have the same exact issue that Binu mentioned.  We have these phones deployed to the CEO, COO, and CTO of our company ( Gold Cisco Partner ).  We have CUCM 9.1.x with AD integration AND I have updated all of the contacts in Google Contacts via a tool on the Google Apps website called FlashPanel ( we went through and update 100+ contacts ).

That update ONLY AFFECTS the ability to see users pictures if you press the "contacts" button on the homepage of the DX650 and search, it pulls the directory from Google Apps, NOT CUCM.  We have found that and corrected/updated all contacts in Google Apps.

The issue we have now is if you press the phone button on the homepage of the phone, those images and still a silloutte of the person NOT the image from Google Contacts, so how does the DX650 pull images for the phone button?  Is this CUCM EDI/UDS or Google Contacts?  How do you update the images for BLF keys and images of incoming calls on the DX650?

Moving forward, can the developers PLEASE put code to allow the DX650 to pull images from the same AD/location as Cisco Jabber?  We are maintaining 2 seperate directories which is a pain.

Alex Hannah

CCIE Voice #25853

ABS Technology Architects

ahannah@absnt.com

804-955-4091.

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Binu

I stand corrected! I was able to search for users (wasn't using the feature properly). Check the Web page of the phone. Their should be a Directory URL something similar to Cisco 79XX series...

Tapan

alex_hannah
Level 4
Level 4

Can anyone please shed some light on my post below:

Tapan,

We  have the same exact issue that Binu mentioned.  We have these phones  deployed to the CEO, COO, and CTO of our company ( Gold Cisco Partner  ).  We have CUCM 9.1.x with AD integration AND I have updated all of the  contacts in Google Contacts via a tool on the Google Apps website  called FlashPanel ( we went through and update 100+ contacts ).

That  update ONLY AFFECTS the ability to see users pictures if you press the  "contacts" button on the homepage of the DX650 and search, it pulls the  directory from Google Apps, NOT CUCM.  We have found that and  corrected/updated all contacts in Google Apps.

The  issue we have now is if you press the phone button on the homepage of  the phone, those images and still a silloutte of the person NOT the  image from Google Contacts, so how does the DX650 pull images for the  phone button?  Is this CUCM EDI/UDS or Google Contacts?  How do you  update the images for BLF keys and images of incoming calls on the  DX650?

Moving  forward, can the developers PLEASE put code to allow the DX650 to pull  images from the same AD/location as Cisco Jabber?  We are maintaining 2  seperate directories which is a pain.

We have made sure that in CUCM we have the "Company Photo Directory" set up the same as we have for Cisco Jabber:

Alex Hannah

CCIE Voice #25853

ABS Technology Architects

ahannah@absnt.com

804-955-4091.

Alex,

I'm working on testing this in the lab.  I'll let you know what I find.

Brian Meade

Alex,

I have my DX650 synced with my google account and corporate directory.  I'm not using AD integration though, but the concept should be similar.

I added myself as a user in CUCM and made my company photo directory as "http://XXXXX.cisco.com/dir/photo/std/%%uid%%.jpg"

Here's what it looks like when I search from the phone application:

As you can see, there's an enry under Cisco Directory with the user I created in CUCM and the picture was updated appropriately.

Here's what you see searching from the Contacts application:

I'm using load sipdx650.10-0-1-103.

Is this different than the behavior you expect?

Thanks,

Brian Meade

Brian,

Thanks for your response and looking at this for me.  Can you try to add a "Phone button template" to the DX650 and add 1-3 BLF keys, then press the "phone" button on the homepage and see if the pictures show up for the BLF entries beside their names....  I need to know where those entries get their pictures from.

Thanks!

Alex

Alex,

So I added 2 BLFs.  The first one is to 1026 which is the number on my corporate directory.  The second is my cell number which should pull from my Gmail contacts.

As you can see, 1026 doesn't match any local contacts on the phone (only the corporate directory).  The phone doesn't reach out to the corporate directory to update the BLF entries.  It's the same thing for incoming calls.  It must match a contact locally in Android.

There's 2 ways to fix this that I found.

Add a local copy of the corporate directory contact by selecting "Copy to My Contacts"

After doing this, my BLF is updated to my corporate directory picture and incoming calls also show that picture:

That method isn't too bad if you're just using it for BLFs but it becomes annoying quickly if you want this to work for incoming calls as you would have to add a local copy for every corporate directory contact.

The second method to fix this which is what I recommend is to sign into Jabber on the DX650.  The DX650 will save all Jabber contacts as a local contact automatically.

Using that method, your pictures will automatically work for BLFs and Incoming Calls.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Thanks,

Brian Meade

Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, I appreciate  it.  I now see the corporate directory pictures showing up, but when you  mentioned "sign into Jabber" and they should all copy to "local  contacts", that appears to not be working.  Is there any "sync" setting  or anything on the DX650 I need to be concerned with?

Thanks!

Alex

Alex,

It should be Jabber IM actually.  Sorry for not being specific.  It should sync contacts by default but you can check this in the settings:

You want to make sure Synchronize with Contacts is checked.  That should ensure a local contact is made for every Jabber IM contact.

Let me know if that works okay.

Thanks,

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: