cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access controller GUI while in HA on primary controller

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have setup HA between two 5508 controllers.  The status from the CLI shows they are connected and active in HA primary and secondary mode on the appropriate controllers.

Once I have enabled HA SSO I am unable to connect to the primary controllers GUI from either the service port or the management port.  I know that I will not be able to access the standby unit's GUI while in standby mode.

I have tried the management IP and the Redundancy Management IP and I am unable to get the GUI to come up.  If I disable HA mode then I can get into the GUI via the management IP and the service port.

I am running version 7.4.110.

Any suggestions?

Seth

8 Replies 8

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

can you telnet or ssh meanwhile?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Yes I can ssh into the box.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before you configure HA, it is mandatory to have both the controllers' management interface in the same subnet:

For more information on how to configure for HA SSO please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bd3504.shtml#cliconfig

The management address for the primary controller is 128.1.9.10 and for the secondary controller is 128.1.9.11.  The redundancy management IP on the primary unit is 128.1.9.12 and the Peer Redundancy Mgmt IP is 128.1.9.13. 

The redundancy management IP on the secondary unit is 128.1.9.13 and the Peer Redundancy Mgmt IP is 128.1.9.12. 

Seth

Hi Seth,

you were able to solve this out? We're facing the exact same symptoms that you described.

Thank you!

BR,

Norberto

I did.  I was accessing the controllers remotely thru another PC that was on the network with the controllers and it had to do with the way I was accessing them.  When I connected localy it worked just fine.

I see, you understood how the HA was related to that? What was different when you were accessing to the equipment in standalone mode and HA that could cause the GUI to be unavailable?

To be honest with you it is hard for me to remember exactly what worked and did not at this time.  The HA and STANDBY unit were on one subnet and the remote PC was on another and I had to force to route to the units.  When I was at the lab and directly place my laptop on the same subnet as the units it worked fine.

The difference was the machine I was using to access the units when I was remote.  I had to remote into the PC and then from that PC access the units.  Once I eliminated that other PC it seemed to work fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card