Views
Helpful
Replies

3560X Crash

Danny Morris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several 3560X series switches all running on 15.0(2)SE2, but there is one switch in particular that crashes every 5 weeks (almost to the hour). I have attached a crash file that I cannot decode. Can anyone tell me how to figure out what is failing on this switch? Is it a memory leak, IOS bug, or hardware issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

jarita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you need to run that release?  The BU is recommending 12.2(55)SE8.  HTH,  Jaime

I do not have an issue downgrading but I wanted to make sure the IOS is the issue before taking that approach. Because it takes 5 weeks for the switch to crash, I do not want to have to wait that long to see if the issue reoccurs after the downgrade. I have 5 other 3560x's that are running that same release without issue.

Is there any way to decipher meaning out of the crash file?

I didn't find anything useful in the crashfile sorry.  I did find a similar case for 3560 that RMA resolved the problem.  That may match your situation if you have other switches with no issue.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have several 3560X series switches all running on 15.0(2)SE2

Are you running either one of these:  PoE, 802.1X or Layer 3?

If you are, downgrade to 12.2(55)SE8.

Otherwise, you can try 15.0(2)SE4. 

I have no problem running 12.2(55)SE8 on my 3750 fleet.  I have a few 3560E running on 15.0(2)SE4 and working fine. 

They are all running POE and the one that crashed was running IP Routing. I may have to try 12.2(55)SE8

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card