Views
Helpful
Replies

3560X Crash

Danny Morris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several 3560X series switches all running on 15.0(2)SE2, but there is one switch in particular that crashes every 5 weeks (almost to the hour). I have attached a crash file that I cannot decode. Can anyone tell me how to figure out what is failing on this switch? Is it a memory leak, IOS bug, or hardware issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

jarita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you need to run that release?  The BU is recommending 12.2(55)SE8.  HTH,  Jaime

I do not have an issue downgrading but I wanted to make sure the IOS is the issue before taking that approach. Because it takes 5 weeks for the switch to crash, I do not want to have to wait that long to see if the issue reoccurs after the downgrade. I have 5 other 3560x's that are running that same release without issue.

Is there any way to decipher meaning out of the crash file?

I didn't find anything useful in the crashfile sorry.  I did find a similar case for 3560 that RMA resolved the problem.  That may match your situation if you have other switches with no issue.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have several 3560X series switches all running on 15.0(2)SE2

Are you running either one of these:  PoE, 802.1X or Layer 3?

If you are, downgrade to 12.2(55)SE8.

Otherwise, you can try 15.0(2)SE4. 

I have no problem running 12.2(55)SE8 on my 3750 fleet.  I have a few 3560E running on 15.0(2)SE4 and working fine. 

They are all running POE and the one that crashed was running IP Routing. I may have to try 12.2(55)SE8

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card