Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WSA S160 not accessible after upgrade

Sertan AKYUZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have succesfully upgraded Cisco WSA S160 from 7.5.0-833 to 7.5.2-118. Actually I am not really sure the version that I have upgraded. I was in a rush so I forgot to take notes during the update. Anyway, after the upgrade completed and device booted;

Haven't tried the console yet because it is on a remote site.

Any help, suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

The last time I had this happen, they ended up sending me a new box...

At this point, if you still can't get in, go to the datacenter, and place a call to TAC....

Vance Kwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is also a high chance that the appliance (the S160 specifically), did not reboot.  Before the reboot, it needs to shut down services one by one.  Not all services shut down tidly and the reboot never happens.  If it still does not respond after a hard reset, it will likely need to be replaced.  The S160 is end-of-life by the way.

-Vance

Sertan AKYUZ
Level 1
Level 1

I went to site and started a console connection successfully. I tried to restart and shutdown gracefully without luck. Then I shutdown and reboot the WSA from the power button. Everything is working right now. Upgrade is a success.

Thank all for your answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: