Silent Monitoring Error

anusuya984
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do CTIOS based Silent Monitoring with IP hardphones-

I have done the confifs,when I try to start monitoring the agent I get error-

"Voice transmitter is not installed properly in the targeted agent"

Before this I got an error-

"The workstation of the targeted agent is not receiving any voice from IP Phone'-when i disabled the wireless i got the above error.

I am using 7961 phones and Windows 7 and my IP Phone is daisy chained.

10 Replies 10

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Anusuya,

Can you check what is the Winpcap version is used in the Agent/Supervisor desktop ? If it is not Winpcap 3.1, Can you try installing Winpcap 3.1 version.

Make sure you are using the NIC Card which is supported. There is a list of NIC cards which are supported for Silent Monitoring. I dont have that document handy.

Regards,

Senthil

I am using NIC  Intel 82579LM .

I have winpcap 4.1.3 installed.

BTW I am trying to do CTIOS based SM with IP Hard Phones.

Can you try installing the winpcap 3.1 manually and try

Regards,

Senthil

Ok Senthil,

Can you confirm- what is the requirement of winpcap ?I am using ctios  agent desktop 8.5,where Silent Monitoring service automatically gets installed.I have not separately installed any other application.And I see the service running(though I have tried to re-run the silent monitor set up,but nothing helps).

Basicall Winpcap is an application used for Capturing Packets. Voice packets sent to and received by the monitored agent’s IP hard phone will be captured from the network and sent to the supervisor desktop. For the Supervisor, these packets are played in the Soundcard.

I am not sure whether you have checked the Installtion & configuration document. Below is the Note from the document.

So I would suggest you to unisnstall winpcap 4.1 and install 3.0. Long back i have seen this issue where Winpcap 4.1 used.

Regards,

Senthil

Thanks Senthil,So I should install winpcap in both agent and supervisor desktops?

Yeah it should be on both.

Regards,

Senthil

I have-and I still get that error.

Hello anusuya,

Have you tried looking into the logs with the tracing enabled. Additonally check this as well

"The CTI OS silent monitor feature requires that you modify a WinPcap registry setting after installing (or reinstalling) WinPcap. In the Windows registry go to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NPF

Change the value of the Start setting under this key from 0x00000003 to 0x00000002. Reboot the PC"

Regards,

Senthil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: