Views
Helpful
Replies

New Dynamic Configurator Tool for ISR G2 does not support EVM

c.flavell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Folks

Does anybody know why you can not configure a EVM on the ISR G2 with the new DCT. Is this a bug in the configurator?

I tried to raise a ticket but the response was to request the serial number and that I gave up. Obviously you need a NM-adaptr.

Regards Conwyn

10 Replies 10

jcaratiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Conwyn,

Thank you for bringing this concern to us.

May I ask first, are you referring to Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW) as the New Dynamic Configurator Tool? If yes, may I also ask do you already have an existing router and what model would that be?

If you are looking for ISR G1 (18,28 or 3800), please be informed that there aro no EVM modules available since they are End-of-sale (EOS), and for ISR G2, please refer to this link for the available modules:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps10537/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html. Also, SM-NM-ADPTR= is the option for ISR G2.

If you have any further inquiries regarding this, please reach out to our Cisco Pre-Sales Team at 1-800-553-6387 options 5,1,1.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jen C.

CCW Support Team

Hi Jenny Rose

Below is a production 3945 with SM-NM-ADPTR and EVM-HD-8FXS/DID. I suggest you try  using the new dynamic configuration tool in the CCW and when you discover you can not configure it you send a little to the people who wrote the DCT. I have already sent a note but the response to problem ( 33304344295) might require review by the management team.

NAME: "CISCO3945-CHASSIS", DESCR: "CISCO3945-CHASSIS"
NAME: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot on Slot 1", DESCR: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot"
PID: SM-NM-ADPTR       ,

NAME: "High Density Voice Module - 8FXS/DID on Slot 1", DESCR: "High Density Voice Module - 8FXS/DID"
PID: EVM-HD-8FXS/DID   ,

Hello Flavel,

I would like to ask for more confirmation regarding your concern.

Q: Do you mean that the ISR 3945 is already in production and it is installed with a EVM-HD-8FXS/DID module?

Q: What do you mean by you can't configure EVM-HD-8FXS/DID using the new Dynamic Configuration tool? Are you trying to add more EVM-HD-8FXS/DID on the existing ISR 3945 router?

Can you please clarify your concern because the information you are providing us is pretty vague and its leading us to confusion in regards with what you really want.

Best regards,

Mark Flancia - CCNA

Cisco Virtual Engineering Technical Lead

http://www.cisco.com/go/ph

Hi Mark

This is really simple. In the CCW there is a tool called the Dynamic Configuration Tool (DCT). When you specify a router you choose your router and add components to it.  The DCT makes sure you do not try the impossible.

So I suggest you go into the DCT. Select a 3945. Add it. Then take the options link and try to a sm-nm-adaptr and a EVM. When you select the EVM list you will see there are no EVM listed.

I raised a ticket and the response was "what is the serial number" which suggest the person may not be familar with the DCT.

Regards Conwyn

Hello Conwyn,

Dynamic Configuration Tool is about to retire.The new configuration tool is called Cisco Commerce Workspace Tool (CCW). CCW tool is much easier tool than Dynamic Configuration Tool.

The correct part number to use in order to appear in CCW are:

CISCO3945E-V/K9

CISCO3945E/K9

CISCO3945E-SEC/K9

SM-NM-ADAPTR is required in order to install a Network Module on the ISR G2's

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mark Flancia - CCNA

Cisco Virtual Engineering Technical Lead

http://www.cisco.com/go/ph

Hi Mark

Did you read the title of this post?

Regards Conwyn

Hi Conwyn,

Thank you for your response.

In able to for us to further investigate the issue, we suggest that you open a case with the CCW Support Team. Either create  a case online at http://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/web/workspaceor by calling 1-800-553-6387 options 2 and 3, and please provide the full configuration including the main Chassis PID as we are able to configure with both sku’s.

If this is your first time to open a case using Customer  Service Central, you will need to sign in to your My Cisco Workspace (http://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/web/workspace) and then add the Customer Service Central module to your Workspace to open and  manage your cases online. Help and support documentation is available on  Operations

Exchange.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jen C.

CCW Support Team

Hi Jenny Rose

Please read what I write. I have opened a case already ( 33304344295) if you look at it you can read the response.

The PID is (PID: CISCO3945-CHASSIS) which does not help. It is actually a 3945E

Hi C.Flavell,

CISCO3945-CHASSIS is not a valid SKU.

We need the top level sku you are trying to order and a screenshot showing where you do not see the items in the conifguration. As stated, we can add them using the configuration tool.

Example sku:

CISCO3945E-V/K9

CISCO3945E/K9

CISCO3945E-SEC/K9

Thanks,

Shannon

Hi Shannon

Hopefully this helps.

Regards Conwyn

Option Selection

CISCO3945E/K9

• AC Power Supply selections require the same number of Power Cables. Please adjust your selections.
  • Network Module Adapters can only be selected when you have Chassis Network Modules. Please select Network Module(s) or remove the adapter from Module Adapters.

Show:  WAN Modules | LAN Modules | Unified Communications Modules | Application Services - Service Modules

SKUDescriptionEstimated Lead TimeUnit List Price
NM-1A-OC3-POM ATM OC3 module with single POM (SFP) slot21 days$ 10,900.00
NM-1A-T3/E3 1-Port T3/E3 ATM network Module21 days$ 7,100.00
NM-1T3/E3 One port T3/E3 network module21 days$ 9,350.00
NM-8CE1T1-PRI 8 port channelized T1/E1 and PRI network module21 days$ 11,600.00
SM-32A 32 port Asynchronous Module21 days$ 4,600.00
SM-X-1T3/E3 One port T3/E3 Service Module21 days$ 9,350.00
Incompatible SKUs
SKUDescriptionEstimated Lead TimeUnit List Price

Included Components

Configuration Summary

View Full Summary