Views
Helpful
Replies

HOST IP address Missing

dhananjayarao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I have been working on sending UCS events as traps and i see that i receive traps with no source ip .

I am new to UCS and help expert help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Dhananjaya

5 Replies 5

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dhananjaya,

Can you please share the UCSM version ?

SNMP version ?

How are you confirming that IP address is not present in source agent field ?

It could be CSCui11645

Padma

UCS 2.1 is the version and SNMP is V2C.

My issue is to get source ip of the laarm which we get in form of snmp traps .

Currently it shows only UCS manager Interconnect Fabric IP . which is not the source . Source is from some other server/ chassis.

Thanks,

Dhananjaya

Hello Dhananjaya,

Not sure if I understood your issue correctly.

UCSM does not have visibility on usage of system resources by host OS.

For example, if a DIMM has failed on Server 1/1, UCSM will generate a SNMP using it's management IP address. SNMP trap will not be sourced with host OS IP address running on that server.

Padma

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCS Manager monitors all of the elements (servers, CPU's, DIMM's, IO Modules, Chassis's, Fabric Interconnects, etc) for both the health and configuration of the hardware.  It federates all of the state, inventory, faults, and configuration into UCS Manager.  UCS manager's scope of control and monitoring includes all the aforementioned hardware, but does not include the Host OS or hypervisor / apps running on it.  When sending out SNMP traps, UCS Manager just converts the fault conditions it stores in the XML Database (the faults you see in the UCS Manager GUI) into a SNMP trap and sends the fault condition on behalf of the failed component (server, CPU's, DIMM's, IO Modules, Chassis's, etc).  UCS Manager utilizes either of the SNMP daemons running on the fabric interconnects to send the details.  That is why the IP you get in your NMS system is either of the fabric interconnect IP's, and not the HOST IP, as UCSM doesn't have details about the host running on the  system.  I would recommend you look at the UCS Manager MIB Reference Guide for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/mib/b-series/b_UCS_MIBRef.pdf

Thanks,

Eric

Hello Dhananjaya,

Please review the below link, hope it will help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_011011.html

http://datacenteroverlords.com/2013/02/16/ucs-manager-2-1-case-of-the-missing-management-ip-pools/

Click Start->Run, then copy/paste the command line below.

cmd /c ipconfig /all > "%userprofile%\desktop\ipconfig.txt"

Regards
keshav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card