Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install a patch on remaining ISE servers

david_mayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a cluster of ISE servers in version 1.1.4. I patched it with Patch 4.

Then, I added more ISE servers in version 1.1.4. How to I patch these new servers to Patch 4 ? In the status page, it displays correctly that some servers have the patch installed while the new ones do not have it installed. But I don't find the way do install the patch on the remaining server ?

Can anyone tell me how to proceed ?

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please patch them from the CLI, place the patch file on your repository and run the "patch...." command and when they come back up and connect to the ISE nodes you will see the correct status in the patch install status screen.

I have done this many times and have had success, and honestly think this is the only method.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please patch them from the CLI, place the patch file on your repository and run the "patch...." command and when they come back up and connect to the ISE nodes you will see the correct status in the patch install status screen.

I have done this many times and have had success, and honestly think this is the only method.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

kindly check the following link for step by step update method

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_admin.html#wp1259408

Hi,

I had to follow Tark Admani's advice to patch ISE servers individually. It worked like a charm by installing the patch from the CLI on the servers.

The Cisco docs on how to manage patch installation does not mention that method.

Many thanks,

David

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

If you need to install the patch on one or more secondary nodes, ensure that the nodes are up and repeat the process from Step 1 to install the patch on the remaining nodes.

Please go through the link for the installation steps and form the page 119.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: