Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Time Management for Sponsor Portal User

ryan ramandito
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm currently using ISE version 1.2 and when I create a custom time management for each user, the rule applied to each user is only applied for a maximum 10 days eventhough I configured it for ex.30 days.

want to check with all of you if anyone have the same issue?

Firstly I think it's because the purge time is default set for 15 days, but even when I already changed it. The expiration time will still not get over than 10 days.

Cheers

Ryan

5 Replies 5

ryan ramandito
Level 1
Level 1

After searching for a while, just notice that the parameter on Sponsor Group>[Group_NAME]>Authorization>Maximum Duration Account

The value inserted on thi tab will affect the maximum time expiration for a user no matter the value inserted on the Guest Time profile, so make sure the value is greater than time profile you created

*kinda talking to myself,but hopefuly this could help someone out there

Cheers

Ryan

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Default Guest Time Profiles

Time profiles provide a way to give different levels of time access to different guest accounts. Sponsors must assign a time profile to a guest when creating an account, but they cannot make changes to the time profiles. However, you can customize them and specify which time profiles can be used by particular sponsor groups. Beginning with Cisco ISE 1.2 time profiles are referred to as the account duration in the Sponsor portal.

Cisco ISE 1.2 includes these default time profiles, which replace the profiles available previously:

•DefaultFirstLoginEight—the account is available for 8 hours starting when the guest user first successfully connects to the Guest portal. This replaces the DefaultFirstLogin time profile.

•DefaultEightHours—the account is available for 8 hours starting when sponsors first create the account. This replaces the DefaultOneHour time profile.

•DefaultStartEnd—sponsors can specify dates and times on which to start and stop network access.

If you upgrade to Cisco ISE 1.2, the older time profiles are still available, but you can delete them if you are not using them. If the older time profiles are assigned to a sponsor group, a message alerts you before deleting. If you perform a new installation of Cisco ISE 1.2, only the new time profiles display.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Nice explanation given by Abhishek.

masmith0324
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan,

Can you confirm your issue was the Maximum Duration setting under the Sponsor Group?  I'm running into the same issue and it makes sense that that would cause the issue but just wanted to confirm before making config change.

Thanks,
Matthew

Hi Mathhew,

Maximum Duration of Account—This setting specifies  the maximum duration for which a guest account can be active. The  expiration date is based  on the maximum duration of the account or the time profile duration,  whichever is minimum. This value overrides the maximum duration value  set by the sponsor during the creation of the guest account when this  value is less than the one specified in the time profile.

Thanks

Anas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card