Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7925 Wireless Phone Wireless Auto Config

Hello all,

My rehabilitation hospital is located right next to a large hospital connected by a catwalk.  We have had 3 incidents where our RTs have gone over to the hospital next door for patient MRIs and our Cisco 7925 wireless phones are being configured with that hospitals wireless profile.  The RTs are saying that no one from that hospital are manually configuring the phones to be on their wireless network so they can be used while off our wireless network.  We're thinking that the RTs are putting their phones down and picking up the other hospitals 7925s by accident before leaving.  My question to you is...Does the Cisco 7925s have an auto configuration tool that will automatically pick up on a particular wireless network and automatically configure itself and register with a Call Manager?  Thanks!

Regards,

Terence

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So are we concluding that there's no auto config profile for these 7925s that will automatically configure them on a wireless network?

Not easily done.

If so, I can accept that and advise my RTs to make sure they grab the correct phones when they leave the hospital.

If you can make it VISIBLY easy to identify both phones, then this is the best bet.

Either put the phones with a different-colored lanyard or a sticker.  Not sure if you can change the screen logo on these things.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So let me get this straight ...

Your rehabilation "wing" has one SSID and the hospital next door has another SSID?

Are both rehabilitation wing and SSID in the same wireless infrastructure?

Leo,

We are a rehabilitation hospital with a 3 building campus that resides to a regular hospital.  Both buildings, however, are connected by a tunnel, rather than catwalk, because our RTs and their doctors move between both.  The wireless infrastructure are separated; they have their own wireless infrastructure and we have our own.  The only connection between us is a site-to-site VPN that was put in place of a fiber connection for Radiology images.

Ok, that make sense.

Are your phones configured for the voice SSID for your Rehabilitation Hospital and the regular hospital?

Doesn't make sense. Your phone would have to be configured and attach to their WLAN for anything to happen..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo and George,

Exactly!  It makes absolutely no sense.  All our Cisco 7925 phones are manually configured for our voice VLAN for our wireless network infrastructure.  It's the only profile I've configured for those phones.  I spoke to the other hospitals IT personnel and was advised that they use a wavelink server that sends the configuration to their 7925s after they have been entered into the server.  The only explanation I can come up with is that our RTs are sitting our phones down, doing whatever they need to do over at the hospital, then picking up the hospitals 7925 thinking they're picking up ours.  Another thing to note is that when I reconfigured the phone to be put back on our wireless, the phone performed a firmware update and then registered to our Call Manager.

Sounds about right.

You could also change your admin password to your phones.

Gentlemen,

So are we concluding that there's no auto config profile for these 7925s that will automatically configure them on a wireless network?  If so, I can accept that and advise my RTs to make sure they grab the correct phones when they leave the hospital.

So are we concluding that there's no auto config profile for these 7925s that will automatically configure them on a wireless network?

Not easily done.

If so, I can accept that and advise my RTs to make sure they grab the correct phones when they leave the hospital.

If you can make it VISIBLY easy to identify both phones, then this is the best bet.

Either put the phones with a different-colored lanyard or a sticker.  Not sure if you can change the screen logo on these things.

Yeah I'm gonna put a label on these phones so that if they are picking up the wrong phone, they'll pick up the right one from here on out.

Thanks guy!

Wavelink .. We have wavelink .. In fact we were told by wavelink we are their largest customer with Cisco phones .. We have a couple thousand on our wifi network.

A phone new out of the box looks for Cisco with no security. We then use wavelink to push down aprofile. After they're on the network we can then push other profiles as needed ..

Do you have these phone in questions that got configured onto this other network ? Pretty easy to see if its yours check the serial number and or your own cm ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Wait a minute .. On your phones .. Did you leave the Cisco profile on the phone ? If so your phone moves to their area sees Cisco ssid for their wavelink because it can't see your network and bam wavelink pushes the profile down .. Of course the phone wouldn't work becuase it would still need cm config .. But the profile would get downloaded

Am I making sense ?

George,

I'll need to check one of the phones in question because the Cisco profile may be on those phones.  If that's the case, then that may explain what's going on over there.  My next question would be why don't our wireless profile show up in the list on the phone when the RTs are back in our building?

That can be explained. Your phone is at the other location and hits the Cisco ssid and their wavelink pushes down their profile. Their profile is just their ssid and erases your profile. User comes back your phone doesn't know about your WLAN. Doesn't work .. Key word here is wavelink .. Glad you mentioned it because we auto push profiles with ours.

Make sense ?

Btw thanks a lot for supporting the rating system .. I really appreciate it !

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: