cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Current Apple iPAD IOS WiFi Issues (Sept 2013)

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I have a customer that notes their Wireless is running great for laptops (Windows 7, EAP-TLS) but they note their iPads get disconnected often.  Isn't this a known Apple iPad isues?  Anyone familar if Apples has fixed any wireless issues in recent iPad versions? Details?  What version Apple IOS should their iPads be using?

I believe they are on a FlexConnect/HREAP in a Remote Office with about 60 users, I'm waiting on more details.

5 Replies 5

What version of software running on WLC ? Are they having frequent disconnection while they are moving with iPads ? If yes this may be related to roaming & you have to look at how that is configured.

If they compare performance while iPad & Laptop kept in a fixed placed & still noticed iPad is having frequent disconnections then it may be a differnt issue.

Need to have more information to narrow down the issue.

HTH

Rasika

There is no WCS/NCS/Prime, just the two WLCs. They are on version 7.3.101.0.

These APs are at a spoke site with 60 users running in HREAP/FlexConnect mode, registered to hub site WLCs.

I guess one of the things you also have to note is that Apple devices are sticky. They don't roam good at all:)

Take a look at the roaming section on this doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/vowlan/bestpractices/EntBP-AppMobDevs-on-Wlans.pdf

Also, its a good test to also test with an open authentication, wpa2-AES psk and PEAP, just to see if the issue also hits any of the other authentication methods.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

If you hit apple forum you will find issues related to WPA2 EAP-TLS there!

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

iOS 5.1 supports EAP-TLS.

Ref. Link:  http://training.apple.com/pdf/WP_8021X_Authentication.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: