We are excited to announce the release of Bug Search Tool (BST), the online successor to Bug Toolkit, designed to improve our customers’ effectiveness in network risk management and device troubleshooting.
Bug Search Tool allows partners and customers to search for software bugs based on product, release and keyword– and aggregates key data such as bug details, product, and version. Bug Search Tool reduces the time taken for product/release searches from minutes to seconds over its predecessor Bug Toolkit. The service also has provision to filter bugs based on credentials to provide external and internal bug views for the search input.
Top New Features
- Enables input of
- Keywords and problem description
- Product Identification (PID)
- Metadata Framework (MDF) Product Category, Series, Model, Software version and/or version type
- Retrieves customer and partner-relevant bug information with a single Bug ID as input
- Returns relevant bug summary information with a list of up to 10 Bug IDs as input
- Provides access to view the quality ratings provided by customers for the bugs and also add new reviews.
This service was developed and refined in close consultation with customers and partners through advisory boards, online forums and other direct communications.
“I just wanted to compliment you on the new Bug Search Tool. It is fantastic. very quick, easy to use and has a well laid out GUI. Thanks for the great work!”
Bug Search team (Christine Woods, Deepika Vijayakumar, Sam Guemple)